Technical CRM Manager (Temp)
Blizzard Entertainment has served as a fundamental force in competitive gaming for over 15 years. With our global esports initiatives continuing to expand, evolve and reach new audiences, we’re searching the world over for talented people who are as passionate about the amazing competition taking place in our games as we are.
Activision Blizzard Esports Leagues (ABEL) serves as the operational foundation and partnership hub for the Overwatch League and Call of Duty World League. ABEL is uniquely positioned to create long term value via the commercialization of the esports portfolio through brand partnership and media rights sales. Leading the charge, the Overwatch League represents one of the first truly global esports leagues, combining the best of traditional sports and esports. Overwatch League saw great success in its inaugural season as they signed 12 world-class teams, launched compelling programming to a diverse international audience and quickly became the most commercially successful esports program in history. Similarly, the Call of Duty World League team successfully launched the Global Pro League and has continued to grow the already popular Call of Duty esports scene.
As a Technical CRM Manager at Blizzard, you will be responsible for managing email service platforms and the production of all CRM campaigns. You will design, build, test and execute campaigns across multiple titles for email and mobile. Through coordination with all resource teams internally, this role will serve as a key, central communication point for day-to-day project activity. In coordination with the rest of the ABEL CRM Team, you will perform analysis and deliver actionable insights and recommendations to help inform day-to-day decision-making and shape long-term project strategies.
- Manage marketing email deliverability and deployment of all email campaigns.
- Design and build a dynamic, rules based, weekly email program with next generation personalization
- Partner with the analytics teams to build a seamless campaign audience delivery process
- Monitor daily reports and alert the ABEL CRM or analytics teams of any issues. Proactively develop and execute strategies to improve performance.
- Participate in project brainstorms for all products and test new ideas on an ongoing basis
- Collaborate with internal teams and external agencies to set up testing campaigns, define testing scenarios and success metrics for each scenario.
- Design and execute A/B, multivariate and other online tests to improve and provide a more effective user experience.
- Use multiple, disparate data sources, (digital analytics, usability insights) in A/B and MVT testing to identify high-value optimization opportunities.
- Work with key stakeholders to promote new automation recommendations and get buy-in to move to production.
- 5+ years of experience of Salesforce Marketing Cloud/ Exact Target and proficiency in Ampscript (Salesforce proprietary scripting language).
- Experience with cloud pages and/or designing standalone landing pages a plus
- BA/BS degree. Open to all academic fields of study with a preference for Marketing, Mathematics, Statistics, or other technical discipline (i.e., Computer Science)
- Experience with Adobe Campaign and Adobe Target is a big plus.
- Experience with other email service providers such as: Oracle – Responsys Interact, Cheetah Digital, IBM - Silverpop, BlueHornet and associated proprietary scripting languages
- Prior experience of building and managing a high frequency, dynamic email program.
- Strong technical skills: HTML experience required, and experience with other scripting languages (Java Scripting, Perl, Python, PHP) is a plus
- Experience with A/B, multivariate and other testing methodology
- Experience with managing quality assurance/control process and protocols for signoff on campaign deliverables
- Demonstrable basic knowledge of SQL for audience targeting
- Experience producing email campaigns from beginning to end working with an email service provider (ESP)
- Proven experience developing and executing strategies to improve email deliverability
- Able to work in fast paced environment and contribute to CRM strategic and other business discussions
- Interrogate current email development processes and recommend improvements as necessary