Lead UI Designer
Our User interface is the window through which legions of adventurers’ experience Azeroth. We are looking for a new champion to help marshal our intrepid UI design group.
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an experienced and talented designer to bolster the leadership of the World of Warcraft’s User Interface design. This role will work closely with both our UI and Game designers to help create the compelling and epic features that Blizzard is known for.
- Maintain familiarity of the game’s design, for both the live product and for all on-going expansions.
- Develop and maintain User Experience design philosophies that serve the every-changing needs of the game, while maintaining clean and consistent UI design across multiple features and expansions.
- Collaborate with other members of the UI teams to ensure that the goals of our content and features are being met.
- Work with the Lead Game Designers and producers to create tasks and schedules.
- Support and mentor the designers on the team.
- Serve as a partner to the team's leadership.
- Excellent people skills
- Expert knowledge of UI/UX considerations for AAA games.
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate and collaborate with other designers, artists, and engineers to ensure delivery of the best possible User Experience.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in the implementation of various UI/UX systems.
- Self-motivated and self-directing, knowledgeable about and willing to pitch in on many areas of development.
- In depth experience playing World of Warcraft.
- Previous leadership experience
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience