Level Design Intern
Internship Term: 2020
LEVEL DESIGN INTERN - WORLD OF WARCRAFT
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
This quest is looking for a very special combination of passions and skills. Our Level Designers are hybrid designers and artists. They sculpt and mold the terrain of Azeroth, placing and framing the amazing assets created by our art teams to bring our world to life. They are the fulcrum between art and design, forging our gameplay experiences at the ground level.
What does being a hybrid mean?
While you need to possess strong artistic understanding, this is not an art role. If your passions are for creating 3D assets, textures, or characters, this is not the role for you. (Check out our awesome student art contest instead!)
Likewise, this role does require that strong artistic understanding. So, if you are the pure designer type, this is also not the role for you, as it does require fundamental terrain sculpting and artistic skills.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the Summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Experience with sculpting 3D terrain in in-game engines. (Unreal, Lumberyard, etc)
- Strong fundamental art skills.
- Knowledge of World of Warcraft, and how we structure our zone experiences.
- Completed student or personal projects involving 3D terrain work
- Cover Letter explaining your relationship to World of Warcraft, and why you want to work on it.
- Portfolio of completed 3D environment spaces.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.