Game Producer, Live Operations
The World of Warcraft Development team is seeking a sharp and nimble Producer to join our Live Operations team. In this role, you will be a first point of contact for troubleshooting live issues, driving them to resolution, and figuring out what we need to do to prevent them from happening again. You’ll need to work with stakeholders from a variety of levels in order to communicate risks, remove roadblocks, and pave the way for smooth content releases.
We’re looking for someone that’s passionate about the player experience, who understands how frustrating it can be to encounter a service outage and can stay calm under pressure while coordinating solutions.
Every voice matters with the World of Warcraft team and we are eager for yours to join us in discussing and solving the exciting challenges that come with releasing patches and keeping service stable for the most critically acclaimed MMO franchise in the world.
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Own tactical execution and contribute to the strategic vision of the World of Warcraft Live Operations team.
- Grow comfortable with how World of Warcraft works as a service to reduce team interrupts and help advise on technical challenges.
- Act as a live service owner, proactively driving issue prevention, diagnosis, mitigation, and root cause analysis.
- Plan and task infrastructure and feature improvements for a team of cross-discipline engineers and technical experts.
- Analyze and author technical documentation for team-wide process improvement.
- Coordinate operation of Public Test Realm, Release Candidate build generation, and final patch deployment
- Support operations whenever issues occur – 24 / 7.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability in tackling new challenges, even when outside your immediate area of responsibility
- Able to develop long-term relationships across partner teams within the organization
- Knowledge of software development processes and solid project management
- Familiarity with all disciplines of game development
- Detail and process-oriented with strong organizational skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize effectively under important deadlines
- Calm and deliberate within a highly dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Unrelenting self-motivation and initiative
- Clear and concise communication skills with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- At least 2 years of experience in live service operations
- Proficient with Jira and Confluence
- Passion for game development and MMO games
- Knowledge of World of Warcraft gameplay and systems
- A strong curiosity for how things work