VFX Artist - Unannounced Project
Blizzard Entertainment is seeking an exceptional VFX Artist to join us on an unannounced mobile project. The ideal candidate is well versed in Unity and has an exceptional eye for clear, readable VFX. You must have experience creating performant, gameplay-focused FX and enjoy working on a highly collaborative team of passionate game developers.
COVID-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Experience creating consistently eye-catching, real-time VFX using Photoshop, Maya, and in-engine FX systems.
- Strong sense of asset impact on performance.
- Solid game design awareness and an exceptional design-oriented collaborator.
- Highly self-motivated and collaborative.
- Passion for playing and making games in Blizzard’s various universes.
- Positive attitude and able to receive and provide objective feedback
- Experience in Unity engine.
- Mobile development experience.
- Background in animation with an eye for timing.
- Experience with modeling, texturing or rigging.
- Knowledge, understanding, and familiarity with Blizzard’s games and universes.
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter.
- Reel demonstrating VFX skills.
- Only online artwork submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog, or online album).
- An art test may be required.