Associate Software Engineer, Server
Associate Software Engineer, Server (New Grad)
Well met, student engineers! Blizzard’s University Relations team here, and before we turn things over to the Incubation team to talk about the scope of the role, we’d like to say thanks for your interest and for (hopefully) taking the initiative to apply.
Our New Grad Program is focused on helping you begin your engineering career in gaming in the most direct way possible. Blizzard’s not an easy place to get into, but we believe we can help you get a great start on your career. For over 20 years, our teams have established and continue to cultivate a culture built on passion, collaboration, creativity, and fun. Put simply, we legitimately love what we do, and we’re proud to offer you an opportunity to do the same. Good luck!
Our team has an opening for a graduate software engineer to implement and maintain server technology for an unannounced mobile project. As a gameplay engineer at Blizzard Entertainment, you will be the bridge that connects technology with game design and art. The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for innovation, critical thinking and analysis, strong people skills, and boundless creativity. Be passionate about making games and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
- Graduating between December 2018 – August 2019
- Authorized to work in the US.
- Collaboration with developers from all disciplines to ensure a great player experience
- Collaboration with members of the engineering team to build reusable and maintainable technologies and code.
- A passion for Blizzard games
- Knowledge of a programming language such as C# or C/C++
- Understanding of data structures and algorithms
- Must be comfortable working within and adding to an established code framework
- Comfortable giving and receiving feedback.
- Majoring in a related field (computer science, computer engineering, real-time interactive simulation, etc.)
- Familiarity with TCP, UDP, and higher level protocols
- Experience with unit test frameworks
- Familiarity with the Agile/Scrum development process
- Familiarity with Git, Perforce, or subversion.
Required Application Materials
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing.
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences ever. Join us!