Senior Product Manager, Data
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Senior Product Manager to help us deliver epic platform features by joining the Battle.net & Online Products Data team.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, product managers, project managers, and designers focused on building the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, visiting our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
Our Data team maintains and builds a variety of products that support and enable big data to flow for all of Blizzard’s events, logging and metrics as well as a variety of other use-cases. The team’s focus is to free the data and enable Blizzard to run with on-demand data routing, analysis, operations and alerting includes monitoring and observability products, exceptions handling, long-term storage and output as well as game service backbones and high-throughputstreaming products that power Blizzard’s leaderboards and viewership incentives functionality.
In the role of Senior Product Manager, you will work with a Lead Product Manager for your portfolio as well as customers inside and outside of Blizzard to identify problems, determine objectives, propose solutions, drive alignment on specifications, deliver high-quality products, and measure their performance against their goals. You will interact with senior technical and design leaders, engineers, designers, and product managers across the company, especially within Battle.net & Online Products.
Our ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and organized individual with a passion for very technical products and a commitment to quality. You enjoy having developers as your primary customer and know both what frustrates and delights them in integrating complex software.
Covid-19 Hiring Update: We’ve transitioned to a work-from-home model and we’re continuing to interview and hire during this time. This role is expected to begin as a remote position. We understand each person’s circumstances may be unique and will work with you to explore possible interim options.
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience, and increase adoption. You will help determine the use cases for the cloud and create a strategy for implementation.
- Develop vision and roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, priorities to improve and defining measurements to achieve this goal. Develop and guide the roadmap to set priorities in order to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our gamers.
- Streamline processes – Identify and document best practices that our teams rely on to release with the highest quality and on schedule. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development cycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Own schedules – Develop schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate project status and roadmap to varied audiences. Train employees / create new operational procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in platform development
- Experience working with large distributed systems and big data
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Skilled in risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Software engineering background
- Hands-on experience with Hive, Impala, or Hue
- Hands on experience with visualization systems (Kibana, Grafana)
- Hands-on experience in public cloud data products (AWS / GCP)
- IT operations or system engineering background
- Scrum master certification
- Scrum product owner certification
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.