Mid/ Senior Editor - Unannounced Project
The minions of Hell grow stronger...
Are you a skilled Editor? We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Come work with us, and together we will build something exceptional. Our team backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
You will work with our Creative Director, Narrative Designer, and Quest Designers on copy editing, writing, dialogue, and scene scripts. All this in service to ensuring consistency in language, grammar, tone, clarity, and brevity. The ideal candidate will have proven success as an editor, writer or screenwriter. You will work with your teammates to ensure all written elements for the Diablo universe are consistently meeting the high quality bar Blizzard is known for.
Would you excel in an environment of peers who are enthusiastic about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo? Would you love making phenomenal games while killing millions of monsters and getting loot? Of course you would!
- Take a role in the development of Diablo’s written content which includes quest, dialogue, and in-game copy editing.
- Work closely with content, narrative, audio, production, and system designers to deliver epic entertainment experiences.
- Work with Voice Actors and the audio team to get the right tone, wording, sentence structure, and pacing for voiced lines.
- Write and Edit dialogue, casting documents, and character biographies for voice actors.
- Work within the game engine to edit dialogue, quest, and other in-game text for spelling, structure, grammar, tone, voice, consistency, and brevity.
- Work with design, audio, and localization teams to assist in coordination and management of text files and data through voice over and localization pipelines.
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first, and who can help us become even better than we are today. These are some of your previous achievements:
- 2+ years of industry or related-industry experience as a game writer, screenwriter, or story editor delivering spoken content for a major IP.
- Thorough knowledge of the story-development process.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Mastery of English grammar and composition.
- Capacity to create, contribute, and maintain style guides and glossaries.
- Proven success collaborating and sharing work with a diverse team: editors, artists, designers, and other field experts.
- Passion for Blizzard Entertainment's intellectual properties, especially Diablo.
- Vast knowledge of successful intellectual properties in today's popular culture.
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self, because life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay of course). That said, we hope you have:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in creative writing or composition.
- Enthusiasm for video and/or table top games.
- Experience in film, theater, or television narrative and script writing.
- Experience in working with voice actors and voice directors to help bring the most to a character’s voice and performance.
- Comfortable traveling to recording studios, when working directly with voice talent is needed.
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover letter.
- Writing sample.
- Ability to work full-time onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.