Data Analyst Intern
2020 SUMMER INTERNSHIPS
Data Analyst Intern, Battle.net & Online Products
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ passionate engineers, program managers, and designers focused on technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, browsing our websites, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
We’re looking for a Data Analyst Intern to join our group of enthusiastic, talented, genuine, fun and data-driven individuals. You will help us understand the behavior and needs of our players as they use our websites, apps, and games. By diving into our data, you’ll be able to deliver insights, analyses and recommendations to our global teams to help inform decision making and shape long-term project strategies. The ideal candidate for the role is passionate about quantitative research, able to extract trends from large amounts of information, and effective at communicating findings verbally and visually to the team.
We’re more than just a gaming company; we’re an entertainment company. Help us create the most epic experiences ever.
- Evaluate the overall performance and health of Blizzard websites, apps, and services.
- Collect and analyze data using tools like Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, and in-house data storage systems.
- Help aggregate, organize, and visualize data through analytics dashboards, using specialized tools like Tableau and/or Google Data Studio.
- Partner with program management, design, and engineering leads to define KPIs and analytics strategy for new and existing products.
- Create, maintain and propagate custom and recurring analytics reports delivering insights on user behavior, site performance and feature success.
- Present your findings to teams, stakeholders and executives to help support decision-making.
- Work with a cross-functional team to coordinate tracking tag implementation.
- Troubleshoot data issues related to tracking and reporting.
- Advocate for the use of data in project execution across Battle.net & Online Products.
- Help establish standards and processes to ensure the integrity of our data across Battle.net & Online Products.
- Partner with QA team to perform tests on new analytics tagging, define and implement regression testing, monitor key metrics in production, report and track bugs.
- Participate in multivariate and A/B testing projects from hypothesis creation, success metrics definition and project documentation to test analysis reporting.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020 – August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Analytical and detailed oriented, with a passion for digging into data to identify key trends, results, and critical outcomes
- Experience with analytics tools (Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, etc.)
- Strong Excel skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage time effectively
- Works effectively both independently and as a member of a cross-functional team
- Experience with visualization tools (Tableau, Google Data Studio, etc.)
- Experience with A/B testing tools (Optimizely, Google Optimize, Adobe Target, etc.)
- Experience with tag management tools (Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Signal, etc.)
- Pertinent web and mobile experience in the game industry field
- Passion for gaming and for Blizzard games and products
- Experience with SQL
REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS
- Cover Letter
- Sample Materials
- Please include sample analytics reports or other relevant analytics project documentation
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Please submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.