Mission Design Intern
Internship Term: 2020
MISSION DESIGN INTERN
Greetings, students! We’re geared up here to offer another round of epic internship experiences in 2020. The internship program offers the opportunity to pause your studies for one summer and work side-by-side with Blizzard Entertainment employees in your area of interest, doing real work that oftentimes ends up in production. As such, we hold you to the same high standards as anybody else in the company.
Just like our gameplay experiences, Blizzard internships are a fully immersive experience. We want interns who are enthusiastic about what they want to do for a living and excited to come in every day to learn and contribute in this hyper-creative atmosphere. Being fully engaged with our team also means communicating effectively and maintaining an open mind - one that is receptive to feedback and able to adapt and grow. Your hobbies and interests can also play in your favor. Passion for technology, gaming, game development, and an in-depth knowledge of Blizzard games, products, and services will always be a plus with us, regardless of the position you’re applying for. Be passionate about who you are, be into our industry, and be willing to go all-in and embrace this opportunity to the fullest!
Seeking Hearthstone Mission Design Intern for Ludicrous Shenanigans
We are searching for a talented designer to join the ranks of our development team with a focus on designing single-player missions that flesh out the outrageous world of Hearthstone and highlight fun new mechanics.
We are seeking Designers who have working knowledge of Hearthstone and general understanding of card-game mechanics. Most importantly, the designer should have experience elegantly telling stories through gameplay and a deep understanding of recent games. Familiarity with the Warcraft universe is a definite plus.
- Design compelling Hearthstone missions using Hearthstone design principles.
- Enhance the storytelling of Hearthstone using: card names, concepts, flavor text, voiceover, and game mechanics that highlight the world, characters, and story.
- Implement in-game missions using simple scripting languages.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of Hearthstone’s tools.
- Continual iteration on mission design based on team feedback and playtests.
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Returning for at least one more semester or quarter following the summer 2020 internship
- Able to work fulltime hours for 11 – 12 weeks at the Blizzard office indicated in this job posting between May 2020– August 2020 or June 2020 – September 2020 (group dates depend on when you get out of school)
- Authorized to work in the US
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games, especially with Blizzard Entertainment products and the Warcraft universe.
- A positive and self-driven attitude with the ability to be collaborative in a team environment.
- Excellent storytelling instincts and experience telling stories interactively with gameplay (as opposed to passively, with cut-scenes or other interruptions).
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Being good at Hearthstone (Casual players are welcome to apply)
- Knowledge of the Warcraft lore
- Cover letter which should include:
- Why you are passionate about working at Blizzard
- What games you are currently playing
- Your experience with and current rank in Hearthstone
- Describe a single Hearthstone mission encounter and explain why it would be fun in 2 paragraphs or less
WARNING! Applications that do not include all of the required materials will not be considered. We’re serious about this – due to the volume of applications we receive, we only have time to consider complete submittals.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences...ever. Join us!
Submit your application no later than December 2, 2019.