Senior Producer, Starcraft II
The StarCraft II team is seeking an experienced senior producer to help drive development efforts on various features, and to help maintain the live service. As part of a tightly integrated team, you will work closely with the Art and Engineering departments to prioritize, triage, and execute content. You will also help shepherd development and deployment of updates to the live service, and be on-call for live issues. If you’re a highly-organized individual with strong communication abilities and a proven aptitude for project management, we’d like to talk to you!
- Sync with the Production Director and team leads to develop an understanding of project goals
- Work with Art and Engineering departments to develop schedules, in coordination with Design.
- Triage and track tasks and bugs for the Art and Engineering departments.
- Coordinate implementation with other departments around Blizzard including localization, QA, IT, esports, publishing, Battle.net and CS.
- Act as release manager for some live releases, and handle the associated deployments.
- Help coordinate StarCraft II’s involvement at Blizzcon.
- Identify, communicate, and help resolve bottlenecks that may compromise quality or schedule.
- Communicate project status, risks, and opportunities to team leads and Production Director.
- Be a champion for player experience, and for a great development environment.
- Help resolve live issues, sometimes outside of normal work hours.
- 5+ years of experience in a production/development role
- Knowledge of software development, project management, and production processes
- Ability to build, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Ability to drive projects with multiple departmental dependencies to completion
- Strong inter-personal communication skills
- Ability to be calm and deliberate in a dynamic, energized, and fast-paced environment
- Ability to confront and expose risks constructively, to collaboratively find solutions
- Persistent self-motivation and initiative
- Experience with Jira and Confluence
- Experience with continuous live content project
- Background in engineering, art, and/or tech art
- A passion for RTS games and experience making them
- StarCraft II player and/or esports fan