Senior UX Designer
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated for several years by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work". We are a community of 4000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users experience. Our goal is delighting our customers, and providing a world of creativity and adventure around every corner.
Corporate Applications brings innovation and transformative technologies to enable all of Blizzard to deliver on making epic experiences that engage and delight our users. We are an incubator for ideas and pragmatic in finding solutions to problems that make Blizzard globally more effective and efficient. We empower our team to lead company-wide initiatives, be a force for positive change, and directly impact all employees by supporting them in the quest to deliver epic games.
Come join our team and contribute to behind-the-scenes initiatives and the inner workings of Blizzard. Here we are focused on challenging problems and apply cutting-edge technologies to solve them. We value great UX/UI and have a dedicated team of creative designers. A customer-first mentality and Blizzard polish is core to what we do here, and we want people who join our team to feel the same way too. Our culture is unique. Work is fun and fast-paced. We are collaborative and communicative because we are a world-class organization and need to reach out to our users in different geographic regions. We are a family, and the people care about each other as a team and are the type of folks you want to play games with during lunch. If all this sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you!
We are looking for a designer with a passion for crafting beautiful user interfaces for our portfolio of websites, mobile apps, and desktop apps. The designer would be responsible for a core contribution on a wide-range of initiatives. A background in 2D or 3D art is highly desired.
- Ship beautiful software products by working closely with Engineers, PMs, Designers, and QA
- Team up with, and mentor your fellow designers as we deliver the unique challenges Blizzard presents to us
- Work with stakeholders from inception to drive development, implementation, QA, launch, and ongoing support
- Help establish best practices for a design team, such as design systems and processes.
- Strategize and drive the design of products and features with the right combination of creativity, moxie and energy to get things done.
- Produce look and feel layouts, mood boards, storyboards, design briefs, sketches, mock-ups, motion works, and visual comps to help the team understand what to build and why
- Revise and enhance designs based on stakeholder and user feedback, technical input, and business decisions to ensure visual designs align with the overall design vision
- Advocate for and explain product vision and design decisions both inside and outside the design team.
- Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent experience with a strong portfolio of work
- Exceptional graphic design skills and artistic sense for high aesthetic graphics, UI, composition, and typography
- Proficiency using prototyping and design tools such as Illustrator, Photoshop, Axure, InVision, Sketch, etc.
- Effectively collaborate and communicate with multidisciplinary team members to explain and evangelize design solutions
- Strong communicator with a passion to learn and contribute
- Demonstrated understanding of information flow, legibility, and interface usability principles
- Great attention to detail and solid organization
- A self-starter that loves a team environment
- Open-minded, friendly, with a positive attitude
- Experience in designing user-interfaces for complex applications
- Experience as a digital artist in either 2D or 3D
- Experience leveraging user research, key performance indicators, and site analytics to help make informed decisions
- Experience as a designer working closely with development teams in an agile environment
- Experience leveraging “Atomic” design principles
Submission / Portfolio Instructions
- Cover Letter, resume and a portfolio with examples of your design work
- Only online submissions will be accepted (e.g. website, blog or online album)
- Complete a UX test if requested
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to champion an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!