Gameplay Capture Artist - Temp
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a temp Capture Artist for its Blizzard Video team. Blizzard Video is part of Blizzards award winning Story and Franchise Development Team. Our mission is to support Blizzard's game team’s marketing and communications efforts through the development of epic digital content designed to inform, entertain, and engage Blizzard’s community and fans everywhere.
We are looking for a talented and well-rounded temp capture artist to support the Blizzard Video Team. Do you have an artistic eye and can leverage the Blizzard Entertainment style to create a wide range of video content including game play and screenshots? Additionally, are you flexible and enjoy working on a variety of different projects while being able to manage multiple overlapping deadlines? Then, we’re looking for you.
- Assist artists in capturing media assets for each of Blizzard Entertainment's IPs
- Capture gameplay footage for a variety of different projects
- Act as a runner in multiplayer game capture sessions
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience as a professional gameplay capture artist
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Media, Fine Art, a related field, or equivalent work experience
- Intermediate knowledge of Blizzard Entertainment IPs
- Advanced understanding of shot composition, lighting, and framing
- Able to take direction, as well as learn and implement new processes
- Able to work in an environment with rapid project turnaround and frequent priority shifts
- Able to work well in a collaborative team environment, and within an iterative design process
- Flexible in learning existing and new capture hardware and software
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills through innovative concepts, designs, and ideas
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to QC your own work
- Above average skill in gaming
- Professional video editing experience (Avid, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro)
- 3D and/or comping experience with After Effects, Maya, 3ds Max, Blender, or similar software
- Game design, modding, or machinima creation in Unity, Unreal, or game engine
- Casual experience with coding/scripting (Lua, Python, etc)
- JIRA, Confluence, Excel, Sharepoint, or task-tracking and documentation software
- Passion for video games, movies, graphic novels, and other elements of pop culture
- Knowledge of media editing software such as, Adobe Premiere (or equivalent package)
- Experience in video game editors or an equivalent in-game cinematic tool (Unreal’s Matinee, Source Filmmaker, Unity etc.)
- Hobbyist level experience modding games
- Interest in photography
Primary Location: United States-CA-Irvine
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.