Automation Software Engineer
Blizzard Entertainment has an opening for a talented and enthusiastic Automation Engineer to join our Battle.net Game Services Group!
The Game Services Group develops the software, services and infrastructure that keeps millions of players online simultaneously worldwide, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. When a player logs in, sends a friend request, a whisper, or a chat within one of our rich virtual worlds, Game Services powers these capabilities. When you use voice chat, check your profile statistics, or create a new social group, we are the team that makes those things possible. From Overwatch to Hearthstone, StarCraft 2 to Diablo 3, World of Warcraft to Heroes, regardless of the game, time zone, or scale, Game Services is ready to answer the call with effectiveness and professionalism, acting as the central pillar to supercharge all player engagement.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
- Automate the deployment and operation of game publishing services
- Continuously improve test automation and load test frameworks
- Contribute to building and improving a heavily used CI/CD infrastructure
- Coordinate with embedded and external teams, create relationships and assist with shared initiatives
- Participate in the ongoing effort to improve our platform infrastructure, with the goal of achieving ever increasing service availability
- A minimum of 3 years’ relevant work experience
- Strong passion for automation, software testing, and high-scale stress testing
- Strong, proven C++ and C# skills
- Curiosity & tenacity to fully diagnose why something went wrong
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Proficient in at least one scripting language such as Python
- Experience with cloud/virtualization/containerization technologies and infrastructure
- Experience supporting a live service
- Linux development experience