Tech Manager, Global Broadcast
Blizzard Entertainment Broadcast team is seeking a creative and experienced Tech Manager, to join the Broadcast Team. As the Tech Manager, you will be the technical expert working with Events, Production, Broadcast and Activision Blizzard Esports. This role focuses on the technical budget, logistics, integration and labor. Planning and Technical strategy will be key components for this role. Working with in the established ecosystem for Blizzard and Blizzard Broadcast, you will need to work with existing teams to create fully integrated solutions to the specific needs of assigned productions.
The ideal candidate would be well organized and able to manage large budgets and managing a team that is being built. You should have a firm understanding of technical planning for large broadcast events/productions, and be well versed in everything from lighting, Audio/Video to networking, PC hardware and game consoles. You must have the ability to lead a team of highly technical individuals with clear precise directives. We are looking for someone that can provide the most utility to the team rather than a master of a single skill.
- Responsible for Technical planning and execution of assigned broadcast productions Technical roadmap for launch and integration in to existing systems.
- Responsible for documentation of processes and workflows
- Responsible for creating and guiding technical knowledgebase with assistance from department you oversee
- Design, create, and upkeep of main Tech Book for all technical staff on assigned productions
- Develop new tools to support Esports broadcast features
- Work closely with the developer teams and other teams across Blizzard and Activision to develop new and existing broadcast features, tools, and methods for assigned broadcast productions
- Directly overseeing and supervising all assigned broadcasts Technical Directors, Broadcast Engineers, and Technicians as assigned
- Manage Technical Budgets, Logistics, and Crews/Labor
- Main conduit for communicating, and problem solving large scale troubleshooting efforts.
- Strong managerial skills
- Main conduit for technical feedback and guidance of new departments in Broadcast tech build out
- 12+ Years Broadcast Industry experience
- Experience in Live show workflows
- Familiarity with REMI style broadcast.
- Familiarity with CAD and/or VISIO
- Strong people management skills required
- Expertise in working with Video Trucks, Flight Packs, Studios
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Expert Problem Solver / Troubleshooter
- Strong understanding of SDI/Fiber/IP based workflows
- Firm understanding of Analog/Digital Audio workflows
- Solid understanding of Lighting/Rigging/Projection/LED Panel Workflows
- Firm understanding of Streaming/distribution workflows
- Firm understanding of Video/Audio compression codecs
- Proficient on Windows/Mac
- Love for Live Broadcast required!
- Able to travel, including international travel, and work long hours and weekends as needed
- Creative thinker who can think of new improved methods and tools.
- A love for organizing things… all the things
- MUST have an open mind to non-traditional workflows
- Passionate video gamer and geek
- Love for Esports
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.