Program Manager, Cloud Data
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented and enthusiastic Program Manager to join the Battle.net Data team. The team’s vision is to be the engineering backbone of our Gateway, Long/Near-Real-time Analytics, and Data lake products.
The Battle.net & Online Products organization is home to 300+ superpowered engineers, program managers, and designers focused on the technology that powers Blizzard Entertainment’s games. Whether you’re playing one of our titles, chatting with friends, or just shopping online, B&OP ensures that our players are immersed in engaging, exciting, and secure experiences.
This position will help define and execute the vision for key parts of our big data platform. You will interact with senior technical leaders, engineers across the company, and senior managers within Battle.net. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned program manager with prior experience managing complex, multi-year projects with the right balance of technical and soft skills, and the ability to drive consensus among diverse teams of people.
- Learn - Understand what our customers and competitors are doing and why. Analyze performance in the marketplace for opportunities to innovate, improve customer experience, and increase adoption. You will help determine the use cases for the cloud and create a strategy for implementation.
- Champion creativity and ingenuity - Act as a champion for significant projects, programs, and business initiatives using demonstrated creativity and ingenuity.
- Adhere to change management processes - Follow change management process to capture change requests, communicate impact, request stakeholder decisions, and execute changes if applicable.
- Develop vision and roadmaps - Help define clear and concise focus areas by identifying the desired business outcomes, setting priorities, and defining measurements to capture maximum business benefit while maintaining focus on creating the best experience for our players.
- Streamline processes – Identify and document best practices that our teams rely on to release on schedule with the level of quality expected by Blizzard’s players. Ensure the best agile practices are being applied to the software development lifecycle. Champion continuous improvements to maximize process efficiency and effectiveness.
- Develop and maintain schedules – Develop schedules and own all commitments and operational plans. Anticipate and make tradeoffs to balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Provide visibility - Communicate project status and roadmap to varied audiences. Train employees and create new operational procedures
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Experience working in platform development
- Experience working with large distributed systems and big data
- Experience managing large teams and multiple projects
- Able to work in a highly matrixed, cross-functional organization
- Skilled in risk assessment and management
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English
- Strong proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office
- Strong understanding of software development processes, project management methodologies, and performance management
- Self-motivated with strong initiative
- Able to succeed in a chaotic, undefined environment
- Software engineering background
- Hands-on experience with Hive, Impala, or Hue
- Hands-on experience with visualization systems (Kibana, Grafana)
- Hands-on experience in public cloud data products (AWS / GCP)
- IT operations or system engineering background
- Project management professional (PMP) certification
- Scrum Master certification
- Scrum product owner certification
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work/life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.