Game Producer, LiveOps & Release Management
Soldiers, scientists, adventurers, oddities…producers? The Overwatch team is looking for a new hero to fill the support role of Producer for Live Operations and Release Management! Overwatch has over 40 million players worldwide and a high-tech infrastructure that needs careful monitoring and support. With multiple patches in development at any given time and major content patches every month, the Overwatch team depends on our Reliability group to make sure the game runs smoothly.
Are you the hero that has what it takes to help the rest of the game production staff coordinate Design, Art, Engineering, Sound and QA to pull off such an aggressive patch schedule? If you’re passionate about running games as a live service, we’d love to hear from you!
This is a full-time position at our office in Irvine, California.
- Create and manage plans for game launches, patches, and service updates.
- Manage the planning, tasking, and tracking of the Live Ops team.
- Manage the issue triage and submissions processes for releases.
- Communicate dates and deadlines for releases to the team in an effective manner.
- Communicate frequently with the team leads on live and deployment status, risks, and opportunities.
- Become the go-to person for our project managers in each of our regional offices to discuss local game service concerns.
- Represent the team in publishing and infrastructure planning discussions.
- Support live game operations whenever issues occur – 24/7 support.
- Demonstrable ability to create, track, and maintain complex schedules
- Ability to drive projects to completion in a timely manner
- Skill to communicate effectively, correctly, and succinctly with key stakeholders and the team at large
- Knowledge of game development and project management
- Exacting attention to detail
- Knowledge of Overwatch and the Overwatch League
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience working on a live software service as a producer, project manager, or similar
- Knowledge of or direct experience with live operations logistics for online games
- BA / BS (or equivalent)
- International experience
- Knowledge of the features and functionality in various online game services (Battle.net etc.)
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunities for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences…ever. Join us!