Senior Manager, Media Analytics
Blizzard Entertainment has been rated by Fortune as one of the "Best Places to Work" for several years running. We are a community of 4,000 global employees who are passionate about not only gaming, but entertainment and the technology that drives our users’ experience.
Blizzard Publishing is looking for a Senior Manager to join our Media Analytics team. As the Blizzard business and our media practice grows, our need for high-level data analysis is more critical than ever for success of our operations. This role will support the rest of Blizzard Publishing to measure data and report on key insights for campaigns across all of Blizzard’s IP.
This role will utilize web, social media, television, search, mobile, display and organic data sets to identify underlying trends for optimizing marketing ROI. This role will manage a team of Data Analysts in creating reports and providing insights to various cross-functional teams in and outside of the Publishing organization. The ideal candidate in this role will have both an excellent analytics toolkit and a deep understanding of the digital media space.
Data & Analytics
- Ownership of Media and Analytics team data flows through you; know it inside and out
- This role will work closely with Media Activation personnel to report on channel and segment efficacy
- This role will work hand-in-hand with Strategy and Activation teams to tailor campaign measurement
- Aide the Media Team in measuring campaign success and pivoting outcomes for improving campaign planning
- Work closely with MarTech team to ensure tagging and data needs are met prior to launches
- Maintain and troubleshoot data collection process with media vendors to ensure accuracy
- Coordinate data transfers from vendors and communicate business needs with our partners
- Oversee data quality and hygiene; identify gaps in data and ensure consistency and accuracy
- Oversee streamlining analytics processes; automate tasks; identify ways to improve workflow
- Liaise with the Global Insights teams to utilize in-game and back-end data for measurement
- Build and deliver presentations of insights; shared with all levels of the organization
- Includes presentations to C-Suite and key business stakeholders
- Handle prioritization of various initiatives and be the point-person for insights into the data
- Develop talent within the organization, mentoring and leading a team of analysts and data scientists
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Mathematics, Finance, or Economics.
- Graduate Degree a plus for consideration
- 6+ years in analytics, preferably in marketing or media discipline
- Experience with the concepts outlined below:
- Marketing mix modeling
- Cross-channel & offline measurement
- Predictive modeling in regard to lifetime value, churn and player behavior
- Multivariate regression, clustering, classification models and ROI measurement
- Proven experience working in a corporate database environment; SQL skills and more
- Fluent and skilled with Tableau, Excel, Google Analytics and more
- Experience with Web Analytics, Mobile Attribution and Media Ad Serving technologies
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and ability to work extended hours when needed
- Previous media agency experience
- R, SAS, Python and other statistics / analytics toolsets
- Experience creating and presenting reports for executive-level consumption
To apply, please submit a PDF of your resume and cover letter.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Blizzard Entertainment is a global company committed to growing our employees along with the business. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye on providing true work / life balance. We’ve worked hard to foster an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and training and opportunity for professional growth. Our people are everything. Our core values are real, and our mission has never changed. We are dedicated to creating the most epic entertainment experiences