Video Editor, Tespa (Temp)
This is a part-time remote contracting position via a third-party vendor with an expected 10-20 hours per week of work during peak competitive seasons, and 10-12 hours per week during off seasons.
Are you an aspiring video editor looking to put your experience with video editing software to use? Do you enjoy the thrill of competitive gaming, have passion for college sports, or just really enjoy making the slickest highlight reels around? If so, Tespa wants you to join us on our mission to build the future of college gaming.
With a network spanning much North America and beyond, Tespa represents the largest provider of college esports tournaments and campus gaming organizations in existence. We believe in a world where gaming is celebrated by people of all ages, recognized as a force for good, and a catalyst for bringing people together.
To help us accomplish this, we need a video editor -- hopefully you! Our team seeks a video editor who can bring both their gaming experience and their love of competition to help us craft relevant video content for our competitive leagues and community programs.
The ideal candidate would be motivated, flexible, and have a good understanding of the games Tespa works with. We work with multiple Activision Blizzard game franchises, so familiarity with Activision Blizzard games in particular is a plus. Other pluses include prior experience creating sports highlight content, managing video channels, or previous work with a Tespa chapter.
- Creation of regular video highlight content for our social and video channels
- Work with both stakeholders and content providers (internal graphics team, internal video team, and Tespa) to receive and incorporate feedback, fulfill partnership requirements, and meet video delivery deadlines
- Drive the visual style of our video content for 1-2 video game franchises
- Experience editing video with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Final Cut Pro, or other equivalent video editing software
- Experience working effectively in a team environment with other students
- Available to work approximately 10-15 hours per week
- Be comfortable and effective working remote, independently and as a part of a team
- Access to a computer with consistent internet connection
- Member of a Tespa Chapter
- Previous graphic design experience
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills
- Experience playing and/or watching esports
- Strong understanding of Tespa-supported games
- Extremely organized
- Portfolio of work in digital format (website, blog, Google Drive, Dropbox, etc.)
- Cover letter