Associate Software Engineer, Server
How would it feel for your contributions to have a major impact across all game development at Blizzard? This is your chance to find out! Blizzard Entertainment is developing a modern, cross-platform game engine to share across all of Blizzard and power the future of Blizzard games. This new project pushes the bleeding edge of technology both at Blizzard and in the gaming industry as a whole. You’ll join a collaborative team of experienced and highly skilled game developers who will work with game teams across the company to deliver a truly epic game engine. Get in early and help shape the future of gaming. Are you in?
We are looking for an experienced Associate Software Engineer (Server) to help build the server & network stack of the engine that will be used by future Blizzard games.
- Collaborate with game teams and fellow team members to develop the server components of a cross-platform game engine
- Maintain systems for performance, stability, and error-free operation
- Support customers with their software/integration needs
- Self-motivation and a willingness to learn
- Interest in server engineering/online game programming
- C++ programming ability
- Able to communicate effectively and work collaboratively
- Comfortable working in an established code base
- Understanding of game engine technologies, standards, pipelines, and processes used in game development
- Service-oriented attitude with an eye for efficiency and workflow
- Eye for code quality, documentation, and testing
- Strong debugging skills