Senior Director of Creative Development
The role of the Senior Director of Creative Development is to provide management oversight for the teams responsible for creating transmedia content designed to expand the narrative experience within Blizzard Entertainment’s world-renowned game franchises. This senior director will have extensive experience with a variety of creative mediums as well as proven success with cross-platform franchise development.
The creative development department, which consists of writing, storyboards, publishing, visual development and lore, is charged with narrative and visual development of content designed to enhance and engage Blizzard’s players. In addition, this team provides story and franchise services to the company at large.
- Work with the senior vice president of story and franchise development to provide strategic, inspirational and visionary leadership for the creative development departments
- Partner with the production director to provide unified leadership and clear communication between creative development and the animation production department
- Shepherd the creation of project outlines, series bibles and IP vision documents that will set the stage for creative teamwork on various projects including those produced in partnership with ABStudios
- Oversee the story development process by driving creative goals and supporting the development vision
- Partner with directors to facilitate ideation and execution of a variety of cinematic projects
- Work closely with various stakeholders to maintain good communications and productive creative pipelines
- Maintain creative pulse on state of the industry, audience and market opportunities; drive and reinforce Blizzard’s creative strategy for franchise development
- Work with team leads to create and build personnel plans with an eye towards growing each team’s skillset, hiring best-in-class talent and leveling up creative capabilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Media, Communications, related field or equivalent work experience
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in developing creative franchises
- Excellent leadership and communications skills
- A passion for video games, books, movies, comics, art, collectibles, etc.
- Knowledge of Blizzard franchises
Required Application Materials:
- Resume [PDF Preferred]
- Cover Letter which should include why you are interested in working at Blizzard
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.