Senior Manager, Brand Marketing
The Overwatch League is seeking a Senior Manager of Brand Marketing to lead the global integrated marketing strategy and operations, owned and operated platforms, and partner co-marketing for the league. The ideal candidate has extensive experience leading and executing large-scale, multi-faceted, global marketing campaigns. This individual will be a proven strategic thinker who is comfortable leading cross-organizational project teams, both internally and externally. He or she will also be an extraordinary communicator who can align the entire organization around a compelling idea.
The person in this role will work side-by-side with the Sr Director of Brand Marketing to manage the league’s marketing operations globally, and ensure all programs are executed seamlessly – on brand, on time, and on budget. He or she will manage one to two direct reports on the brand team, providing strong mentorship, guidance, and direction. This position is based full-time in Irvine, CA.
- Develop and implement the Overwatch League’s global marketing strategies and plans; focused on driving viewership, acquiring new fans, and enhancing engagement with current fanbase.
- Partner with global marketing leads around the world to share strategic vision and goals, and maintain consistent positioning and messaging alignment.
- Build and execute fully integrated marketing plans across owned, earned, and paid channels; work with the integrated team to ensure correct distribution platforms are leveraged and optimized for performance.
- Liaison with cross-functional teams across Blizzard to develop and execute cross-promotional programs with support on owned and operated platforms.
- Spearhead the co-marketing efforts with all major partners and guide the expressions of the brand prepared by the partner creative & strategy team, media rights partners, CPG & Fanatics, and other third parties to create full brand alignment.
- Lead consistent communications for the marketing team’s plans and key beats throughout the year, ensuring alignment with key stakeholders.
- Partner with the marketing research team to plan, field, and analyze consumer and audience insights for key initiatives.
- Measure the effectiveness of brand and consumer marketing initiatives and develop insights to optimize campaigns, make recommendations, and track against key KPIs.
- Manage members of the brand team to shepherd proper execution as well as high performance and personal growth.
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, marketing, advertising, communications, or related field. Master’s Degree in Business Administration is a plus.
- 7+ years’ experience in consumer marketing, ideally at a brand or agency within the professional sports, entertainment, technology, or lifestyle industries
- 3+ years managing marketing operations, including internally and externally, for multi-faceted, large-scale campaigns
- 2+ years of direct management experience, with passion for managing and mentoring high performers
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects simultaneously; strong organizational skills
- Proven leadership with excellent written and verbal business communications skills
- Able to thrive in a heavily cross-functional environment
Required Application Materials
- Cover Letter which should include:
- Why you are interested in working at the Overwatch League
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.