Lead Character Artist - Unannounced Project
We Need You
The minions of Hell are growing stronger...
We're working on a new, unannounced Diablo project. Are you an experienced Lead Character Artist? Come work with us, and together we will build something truly great.
Our team of talented developers is growing. Our backgrounds are diverse, but we all share a real passion for what we do. We believe that if you’re looking for a tight-knit crew that celebrates self-expression and embraces collaboration, we might be a phenomenal fit for you.
Stuff We Will Trust You With
You will be expected to
Would you thrive in an environment of peers who are enthusiastic about working on the dark gothic world of Diablo, and would you love making phenomenal games, killing millions of monsters and getting loot? Silly question—we already know you would!
Stuff You Can Rightfully Brag About
What will it take to be successful in this role? Well, we’re always looking for people who are game developers first and who can help us become even better than we are today, so your previous achievements probably look something like this:
- A minimum of 5 or more years' experience in game development, building character assets using Maya, ZBrush, Substance Designer/Painter, Photoshop, and other programs and tools
- Extraordinary asset sculpting and modeling skills
- Expert-level understanding of human and creature anatomy, form, shape language, and silhouette
- Deep, successful experience leading a team of artists
- Dynamic, excellent communicator, big-picture minded and a model team-player
- Vast experience collaborating with other leads, artists, and the Art Director in developing a distinct and consistent modeling and texturing style for environment assets
- Proven problem-solving and prototyping abilities
- Excellent eye for light, shade, color, and detail in crafting assets
- Really good at working creatively as part of a large or small group.
How You Will Stand Out
Most importantly, we want to get to know your authentic self, because life’s too short to pretend to be something you’re not (unless we’re talking cosplay, of course). That said, we hope you have:
- A strong passion for developing and playing games
- Knowledge and understanding of the Diablo universe
- A positive outlook on things
- Strong skills in traditional arts including
- Experience crafting advanced assets in a PBR rendering pipeline using tools such as Substance Designer.
And yeah, you will need these things to apply
- Portfolio demonstrating meaningful skills. Only online work submissions (e.g., websites, blogs, or online albums) will be considered
Abilityfor full-time work onsite at Blizzard Entertainment’s HQ in Irvine, California
- You should be willing to complete a test if requested to do so.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Accommodation Request: We are committed to working with and providing reasonable assistance to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you are a disabled individual requiring an accommodation to apply for an open position, please email your request to email@example.com. General employment questions cannot be accepted or processed here. Thank you for your interest.