Mid-Market Account Manager
- Starting immediately, after initial sale, manage client relationship throughout lifecycle of account as a dedicated customer resource.
- Generally ensure client satisfaction and client retention.
- Schedule and complete weekly activities which include working assigned leads from existing accounts and proactively contacting clients on a regular rotational basis by email and phone no less than once a quarter and before renewal.
- On an ongoing basis, maintain account, contact, activity and reference information in internal customer relationship management system. Stay current on assigned account activity.
- Keep abreast of assigned clients’ business situation and follow-up accordingly (i.e., mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, parent and sister companies, etc.).
- Assist in establishing effective sales strategies and tactics that result in expanding current business and update sales opportunities regularly to optimize sales results.
- Achieve monthly sales targets and monthly recurring revenue quotas on a consistent basis.
- Work closely with customer success managers and other departments (i.e., Implementations, Training, Support, Sales) in coordinating communication and action items, including transition from Sales, to insure clients’ expectations are met in a timely manner.
- Work as a team with customer success manager to create and maintain Client Roadmap, outlining client goals, usage and application performance needs. Perform account reviews to elicit open communication with respect to the value of products and services BlackLine is providing. Evaluate ROI for client, so full value of software solution is realized and momentum is preserved.
- Sell additional users, upgrades, migrations, module implementations and renewals. Work with Legal and Sales Administration teams to prepare necessary documentation.
- Encourage client awareness and use of BlackLine products, programs and services including, but not limited to, BlackLine U and webinars optimization and diagnostic reviews, implementation services, software upgrades, additional modules, BUGs and the BlackLine Community.
- Work with clients requesting to cancel their subscription and determine what can be done to avoid cancellation. If client continues cancellation, document reasons.
- Coordinate communication with management to resolve customer grievances, billing issues and escalate assistance for incidents that require further action.
- Provide Marketing team with qualified client testimonial leads.
- Follow up on action items from BlackLine Community moderators.
- Attend various Client Roundtables and the Annual User Conference.
- 3+ year’s customer service or sales experience required
- Accounting and/or BlackLine experience a plus
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills
- Ability to be a knowledgeable adviser to clients with a well-developed consultative selling style
- Proven history of meeting quota consistently along with a strong background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance Departments preferred
- Outstanding analytical and oral and written communication skills
- Keen business sense, with the ability to find creative business-oriented solutions to customer problems
- Proven experience drafting, negotiating and finalizing a variety of client material & documents
- Proven success working in a fast-paced environment
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus
- Demonstrated ability to work efficiently, meet demanding deadlines, prioritize workflow and adjust to frequent workload fluctuations
- Ability to work independently while also being strong collaborator
- BA/BS college degree required
- Be able to operate out of Corporate Headquarters in Woodland Hills, CA
- Minimal travel required
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]