Site Reliability Engineer - Platform
The Site Reliability Engineer is responsible for assessing, testing, tracking, predicting, and reporting all related performance aspects of a suite of production applications from a performance, responsiveness, capacity, and availability perspective.
· Create and maintain a continuous testing framework that observes and records and trends real-time availability data for all of our clients
· Develop and maintain on-premise and cloud capacity plans that ensure we are delivering a BlackLine service that is performant and cost-effective
· Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements definition, capacity planning, and process refinement
· Collaborate with development of tools and systems to automate the identification, analysis, and remediation of application events, infrastructure issues, or requests
· Establish and maintain Key Performance Indicators for the overall health of the service and build tools to exercise and evaluate if these KPIs are being met
· Works cross-functionally to troubleshoot surface common pain points, find solutions and establish conventions
· Serve as technical lead for small projects
· Regularly learn new systems and tools as the BlackLine platform and ecosystem evolve.
· Grow knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to from senior engineers to solve real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high-performance, and high-traffic environment
· Assessing, testing, tracking, predicting, and reporting all related performance aspects of a suite of production applications from a performance, responsiveness, capacity, and availability perspective
· Publish performance result findings, conclusions, recommendations
· Support integration of performance data into customer experience analytics tools and reporting
· Participate in our on-call rotation and conduct incident reviews
· BS or MS in Computer Science (or equivalent diploma and/or certifications) with 3+ years related experience
· Intermediate knowledge of at least one of the following programming languages: C#, Visual Basic, PowerShell, Java, Go, Linux Shell, Ruby
· Knowledge of software development best practices and SDLC
· Baseline understanding of project management process/procedures with experience performing task-level management to support small to large projects
· Experience deploying high availability systems and software · Experience with troubleshooting distributed web applications in a production environment
· Intermediate level knowledge of IIS and Windows Server or Linux and Apache
· Experience with infrastructure as a code and platform as a service
· Experience with configuration management tools Ex Chef, Ansible, Puppet
· Must possess the ability to handle multiple goals concurrently and function in a fast-paced, demanding, ever-changing high-growth environment
· Must maintain the highest level of integrity, courtesy, and respect while interacting with internal customers, employees, and business contacts
· Strong oral and written communication skills · Ability to interface with internal technical experts using professional interpersonal skills
· Experience in analyzing datasets to draw conclusions, and graph datasets supporting these conclusions
· Basic level proficiency in application load balancing methods (F5 LTM, Windows NLB, etc.)
· Working knowledge of TCP/IP and networking concepts · Proficiency with statistical concepts; confidence interval, hypothesis testing, sampling
· Operating systems concepts such as CPU, memory, disk queues and graphing/analyzing these over time
· Must possess strong organizational skills and be able to work with minimal oversight
· Ability to understand new technologies quickly and adapt these into daily work and goals
Thrive at BlackLine:
- We offer comprehensive health coverage including medical, dental, and vision
- 401(k) matching
- Flexible time off
- Paid Holidays
- Paid parental leave
- Basic and supplemental life insurance, short and long-term disability and so much more!
We're looking for all kinds of people.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws. Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]