Senior SAP Value Architect
The Senior Value Architect will support sales & service efforts working closely with product and marketing to close large deals. They must possess deep expertise in the BlackLine product, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, and finance transformation.
In addition, The Senior Value Architect will have experience in large BlackLine opportunities with SAP customers to capture pain points, prioritize objectives, and gain cross-functional alignment on the recommended solution, roadmap and go to market strategy. They will also be responsible for enablement of the SAP Sales and Presales departments globally as well as internal enablement on SolEx related topics.
They will also be responsible for acting as a team lead, providing ideas and inputs to process improvements and providing coaching and support to other Value Architects in day-to-day operations and escalations, assisting the Director, Value Architecture in managing the ongoing prioritization of task and stakeholder management
- Leading Sales: The Senior Value Architect will work closely with BlackLine Sales, SAP Sales, Product and Services throughout the entire deal lifecycle Senior Value Architect will be a primary source of enablement for SAP Sales & Presales educating SAP stakeholders in complimentary value of BlackLine solutions to support and grow the market.
- Senior Value Architect will lead the BlackLine effort for complex BoM deals and interaction with Strategic, Key accounts will be a focus to drive large deals sizes and transaction volumes
- Direct responsibility for Solution Consulting support for complex/large Smart Close deals. Includes personally participating in the demonstration and other customer facing presentations
- Develop relationships with SAP Industry Value Engineers and other relevant industry specific SAP sales resources.
- Industry Expertise: Build/maintain industry expertise and go-to-market within assigned verticals as it pertains to SAP & BlackLine complementary solutions.
- Delivery & Support: The Senior Value Architect is responsible for maintaining the key client relationships they established during the sale process to ensure we are meeting expectations throughout delivery and support. They will also help drive the client roadmap working closely with implementations, customer success managers, and the product team.
- Business Value Assessments: The Senior Value Architect is responsible for leading Business Value workshops and completing Business Cases that include ROI analysis and solution roadmaps.
- Proof of Concept: The Senior Value Architect is responsible for supporting Proof of Concept work when required to accelerate closing of large opportunities.
- Go-to-Market Assets: The Senior Value Architect will own the ongoing development of parts of our SAP and Value Architecture playbook. In addition, they will lead the ongoing training to our broader community of Solution Consultants. Working closely with Product, Marketing and Services they will assist in the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, competitive comparisons, sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, etc.) and help with evangelizing our product.
- Work directly with the Manager/Director to oversee the day-to-day operations of the team, including supporting internal and external alignment meetings, and prioritization of work topics
- Coach/Mentor team members to develop the necessary skillset/performance to achieve results, demonstrate desired skills, work ethic and provide team feedback
- Monitor and enforce team SLAs, OKRs report metrics, workflows to ensure team operational expectations are met and exceeded.
- Review, resolve issues/conflicts, and work with other Value Architects on escalated topics, questions, complaints using customer service skills and diplomacy.
- Work with the Manager/Director to document, evaluate, implement, enforce, communicate, and improve the efficiency, the internal process.
- Support the training of new employees and existing employees
- Hands-on: The Senior Value Architect is expected to roll up their sleeves and fill gaps where necessary to make the product successful for our clients.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to translate prospective client objectives into solutions enabled by our product
- Experience selling and managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations
- Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement
- More than 10 years’ experience in a mix of consulting and finance roles within large organizations with complex systems and financial processes
- BlackLine - Previous experience and expertise using
- SAP Financial Products - Previous experience and expertise using and performing projects
- Previous experience coaching, mentoring, and hiring employees
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]