Senior Manager, Quality Engineering
As a Sr Manager, Quality Engineering you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing and driving high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will be managing a team of highly technical Quality engineers and will report to the Sr. Director of QE. Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your direct reports and peers across the organization.
The ideal candidate will bring in the thought leadership and evangelize quality standards to the overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality and will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Define and drive an overall unifying vision for the team and its projects, processes, workflows, and related areas through motivation, consensus building and leading change.
- Provide measurable input into new products, processes, standards, and business plans that will have impact on the achievement of overall results of the department
- Leverage technical and domain knowledge to partner with Engineering and Product representatives and the team in defining project deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and ultimately to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Provide time estimates, technical recommendations, and proposed test solutions based on technical and business requirements
- Be highly results driven and have a collaborative approach to problem-solving.
- Support continuous improvement processes, analyzing problems, recommending actions for effective resolution and implement them with industry standard best practices
- Execute Quality Engineering forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- Provide technical leadership to other staff as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Provide hands-on leadership including career development and mentorship to a team of globally distributed SDETs
- Define and direct the overall test strategy and test plans for the applications, and presenting it to the key stakeholders
- Implements strategic goals established by senior leadership in the organization and drive improvements in existing processes and systems using significant conceptualizing and reasoning
Years of Experience in Related Field: 8+
Education: BS/ MS degree in Computer science or equivalent domain
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results oriented leader with demonstrated success in improving product quality, accelerating release delivery and continuous integration through KPI driven approach, and streamlined process
- Extensive experience in driving test solutions for complex SaaS product environments, with detailed test planning and test strategy for functional testing of Products and new features.
- 10+ years of experience in Software Development or Quality Engineering, 5+ years in management preferred.
- Solid experience in Load and performance testing, failure mode and effects analysis, exploratory testing
- Technical leadership with building automated test solutions to frontend, middle tier, and backend interfaces and RESTful services.
- Huge plus for candidates with the following skills and background:
- Localization, globalization, Accessibility, and security testing
- Code coverage analysis using tools, such as SonarQube
- Detailed knowledge of modern backend technologies for web development: Java, .Net, web services (REST), and NoSQL databases
- Extensive experience managing globally distributed team
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities to drive operational metrics and capacity planning
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent domain
- Strong verbal and communication skills with all the key stakeholders to ensure QE vision is understood and implemented correctly.
- Able to motivate a team, recognize good talent and bring out the best out of Engineers.
- Proactive, strong-minded, quick thinker and assertive, self-motivated, and enthusiastic.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]