The Manager, Software Development is responsible for leading a talented, cross functional team in enhancing our high performance, cloud-based, SaaS web application. We're looking for people who not only have a strong technical background and interest, but who want to drive innovation in people management, motivation and growth. You’ll be working with and mentoring talented individuals and working closely with other teams and departments to brainstorm, innovate and ultimately deliver the best client integration and user experience. If you don't just see management as the next logical step, but are a passionate, driven leader, you can be a great fit for our team.
- Manage and recruit to a cross functional Agile Team, including Front-end and Back-end Developers, QA Engineers and a Scrum Master, to deliver valuable functionality to our clients.
- Define and drive an overall unifying vision for the team and its projects, processes, workflows, and related areas through motivation, consensus building and leading change.
- Implement and drive adaptations to team and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas.
- Leverage your technical and domain knowledge to partner with Product representatives and your team in defining project deliverables, presenting innovative solutions and, ultimately, to successfully plan, manage and drive the timely delivery of corporate initiatives.
- Work with Product and technical stakeholders, as well as Project Management, to define project requirements and deliverables, and, ultimately, plan and manage the timely delivery of high quality projects.
- Review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across team members, and proactively engage, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize upon strengths or mitigate gaps.
- Effectively plan, communicate and conduct presentations (project milestones, risk mitigation, road maps, resource needs, technical information, etc.) for senior management and stakeholders, while conveying and driving actionable items to your team.
- Work closely, partner, and collaborate with our principal architect to provide exceptional solutions that adhere to, or create, standards across teams.
- Manage budget and resources for your team.
- Effectively communicate and resolve personnel issues on your team.
- Contribute to design reviews, code reviews and hands-on work in your respective domain.
- Manage day to day administrative tasks such as time off requests, sick days, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Recent prior experience as a Manager in software development of large-scale web applications, with at least 8 years of experience in your respective domain.
- 2+ years of onsite employee supervisory experience.
- Exceptional communication and people skills, with a passion for product excellence, talent development and mentoring.
- Knowledge of Build, Deployment, and Continuous Integration concepts and best practices, including full SDLC.
- Strong experience in Agile methodology, processes, and best practices.
- Experience in TDD concepts, methodologies, and best practices (i.e., mocks, spies, unit tests, code coverage, etc.). BDD experience is a plus.
- Experience with technical design and hands-on work within a modern OOP-based language ( Java, Ruby, Angular, etc.) and related stack.
- Experience with data integration and middleware software tools is a plus
- Experience with ERP systems like MS Dynamics-365, Oracle, NetSuite, Intacct is a plus
- Experience in modern Database platforms, including such items as data modeling, stored procedures, schema definitions, performance and scaling considerations.
- Recent experience working with, troubleshooting and tuning across all layers of a modern SaaS, web-based application.
- Understanding of QA standards and best practices, including automation, regression, and smoke testing, white/black-box testing, and related QA processes.
- BS, EE or CS degree is a plus.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]