Senior Account Director
The Sr. Account Director is responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting to closing business. This role is selling BlackLine’s products to Controllers & CFOs of large corporations with annual revenue greater than $750 million. The Sr. Account Director is assigned an account list to manage, develop and market BlackLine’s solutions to secure new business in our Software-as-a-Service business model. Working in collaboration with sales leadership and the sales operations team, the Sr. Account Director engages with VP, Sr. VP and C-level contacts within prospective customers developing relationships and closing business at or above expected and assigned levels per period.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Achieve annual sales targets and average monthly revenue quotas on a consistent basis. Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Selling on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Uncovering business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Building account strategy and territory plan by account tiering
- Collaborating with and leveraging Marketing & Business Development to maximize revenue production
- Creating demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our value proposition
- Having a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Collaborate with other BlackLine teams including pre-sales, value engineering, product, operations, and legal.
- Ensures opportunities are accurately reflected and maintained in Salesforce
- Participate in higher level sales training as defined by RVP that is commensurate with current sales experience
- Willingness to be a helpful teammate within your sales team and the greater BL team.
- Travel required, approx. 40%
Years of Experience in Related Field: 7+ years of experience successfully selling Enterprise software deals, new logo sales.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, IT, Finance or MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits “hunter” mentality and possesses outstanding ability to close sales.
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing a territory
- Account planning and execution skills
- History of successfully selling C-Level and across both IT and business units
- Strong technical aptitude
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment with a rapidly growing SaaS organization
- Adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to listen and apply new learnings from your manager and teammates
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Experience selling SaaS software to large corporations
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS industry, accounting background a bonus
- Independent work ethic with a strong ability to communicate often to/with the RVP
- Clear understanding of a team-based sale, utilizing strong networking skills
- Proven record of expertise in closing net new opportunities.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]