Senior Financial Systems Analyst
- This role reports to the Director of Financial Systems and supports multiple systems utilized by the Accounting & Finance teams. This candidate has a strong NetSuite, SAP Commissions, BlackLine and Zuora background with experience functioning in an Administrator capacity alongside Accounting & Finance teams.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Leads and manages system development projects through the full SDLC cycle, leveraging outside consultants where needed for complex development work.
- Configures and updates systems to address customization/enhancement requests; creates custom reports, saved searches, lists, records, dashboards, workflows etc. in NetSuite and other financial systems.
- Partners closely with management and end-users to gather and document business requirements to enhance Finance systems and processes to drive increased efficiency.
- Develops testing plans and manages end-to end testing execution (UAT, regression, performance, etc) with end users to ensure on-time and accurate completion of quality assurance in software development for financial system enhancement projects.
- Manages NetSuite, Salesforce and SAP Commissions integrations and supports issues related to errors; tracks and manages error resolution in JIRA.
- Applies accounting and financial knowledge to understand native system functionality to identify areas for system optimization related to business processes and operations.
- Manages user access and roles to ensure SOX compliance and security administration (identity access role-based rules and attestation processes).
- Completes SOX system reviews on a quarterly basis, including user access and segregation of duties controls.
- Facilitates change management administration to ensure SOX compliance across all financial systems (updates to process documents, testing for new enhancements, approval sign off, delivery and tracking of communication/training process, etc).
- Acts as first tier end user support, escalate with system support teams as necessary.
- Tracks, documents, and manages support issues in the Jira ticketing system.
- Manages Release Preview business process testing for ongoing NetSuite, Zuora, SAP Commissions and Salesforce upgrades.
- Assist with NetSuite training program, builds/develops necessary training materials to ensure adoption and end-user success.
- Acts as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) to the financial systems end users.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Managerial Responsibility (if applicable)
- Supervises team of outside consultants/developers on NetSuite/SAP Commissions Development projects in a project management capacity.
Years of Experience in Related Field: Minimum of five to seven years of professional experience in the areas of project management, software development projects or quality assurance experience. At least 2 years of experience working in or with Accounting and Finance teams.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, Information Systems or Computer Science, or a related field or the equivalent work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- NetSuite OneWorld Administrator
- NetSuite Development experience, Workflows, Custom Bundle Deployments, Reports, Searches & Dashboards
- Proficiency in System Administration duties for: SAP Commissions, BlackLine Zuora and Salesforce Billing
- Understanding of ITGC’s (SOX Controls)
- Excellent Communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with personnel across multiple levels of an organization with varying degrees of technical aptitude
- Excellent documentation skills, ideally with technical writing experience or aptitude
- Motivated resourceful self-starter attitude
- Certified NetSuite Administrator
- Certified BlackLine Administrator
- Certified Public Accountant
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]