Manager, Business Systems Program Delivery
The Manager, Business Systems Program Delivery (BSPD) is a key liaison between IT and business stakeholders. The Manager, BSPD partners with the stakeholders to define processes & workflows, identify areas for improvement or reengineering and develop business requirements. With the partnership of the Enterprise Applications team the Manager, BSPD will work translate business requirements into technical design specifications. The Manager will also work with business and technology teams to translate business needs and opportunities into program solutions and utilize their change management expertise to drive successful release and adoption of those solutions. The Manager will proactively seek opportunities to streamline and simplify business processes through the use of technology as well as their expertise in go-to-market applications.
A successful candidate has deep experience in creating documentation, workflows, and working with a wide variety of business units ranging from sales & marketing to legal to finance. The ideal candidate has experience working with go to market organizations within a software company and strong working knowledge of the Salesforce platform.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Meet with business stakeholders regularly and evaluate their systems and current processes.
- Collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders to elicit, synthesize and codify requirements.
- Lead design sessions to discuss processes, improvements, and requirements.
- Proactively identify, analyze, and recommend business process changes and improvements across BlackLine’s internal systems and processes.
- Manage projects from end to end; including, but not limited to, business analysis & requirements gathering, vendor management, project management, change management, and User acceptance testing.
- Develop methodology and document business processes.
- Work with administration & engineering teams to develop technical solutions to functional requirements.
- Introduce and maintain highly repeatable and reliable processes, as well as supporting standards.
- Conduct process analysis using standard data analysis and interview techniques. Need to be able to communicate with all levels of the organization in order to obtain information needed quickly.
- Facilitate meetings with process owners to define new processes or fix existing processes.
- Serve as coach and mentor to less experienced IT personnel.
- Help influence and prioritize the team’s backlog, and partner directly with business partners to effectively communicate prioritization and commitment to a co-owned and evolving product strategy.
- Conduct task analysis and interact with system users in order to identify chances for the improvement of productivity, integration, and to decrease costs.
- Maintaining a professional cognizance of techniques and tools that may use in the improvement of quality of service.
- Capitalize on the benefits of new technologies for business process improvement.
- Foster best practices and direct and govern all technical deliverables including designs and system management documents, among others.
- Encourage participation from team members to share knowledge and drive decisions regarding process improvement and change management.
- Address issues of existing systems and recommend new system developments as needed.
- Advise on industry best practices.
- Assist with creating process guide to system updates.
- Experience with conflict resolution, scope management, issue & tracking, communicating to internal & third-party vendors.
Managerial Responsibility (if applicable)
- This position will manage one direct report, a Salesforce Business Systems Analyst who will support the Manager in their duties.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of relevant experience in Business/Systems Analysis
Education: Bachelor’s degree is desired; MBA is preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience creating workflow and process diagrams using Visio, LucidCharts, or other tools
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various internal audiences and across all levels of the organization
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to pick up on new processes and systems quickly
- Experience with CRM products such as SalesForce (CPQ a big plus)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- PMP certification is desired
- Scrum certification is desired
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]