Senior Database Administrator
As a Senior Database Administrator at BlackLine, you will play a vital role in the performance, delivery, stability, scalability and security of the databases we use, while continually driving forward improvements and optimizations at the database layer. As a member of the data operations team, you will be involved in the planning, development, and maintenance of the database, including troubleshooting issues, security and access controls, and collaborating with other teams to define and build new features, optimize existing features, and collaborate in order to drive growth, improve controls and processes, and reduce overhead and complexity. In this role, we are looking for people who are team players, passionate about their areas of expertise, and constantly striving to learn and improve, not just in the sense of their own skills, but also in growing with peers whom they work with day-to-day. If you are someone who strives for excellence in all that they do, including helping those in your team, and someone who wants to ultimately deliver the best value and success you can, then we want to talk to you.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage Databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, including development, research, and mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring, system health, and performance in order to ensure high performance, availability, and security
- Independently, or in conjunction with peers as beneficial, analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, proving end-to-end problem-solving
- Assist and support development staff with tuning complex queries, generally supporting the delivery of high-quality value and features to BlackLine’s customers
- Refine, automate, and advocate for automation, standardized processes, issue tracking, and change management
- Perform other duties as
- Participate in 24x7 On-Call
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7 or more years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- 3 or more years implementing operational automation via scripting (i.e., PowerShell) is required
- 5 or more years successfully working in both Physical and Virtual environments are required
- 5 or more years working in high-transaction environments is required
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]