Integration Platform Architect
BlackLine is currently seeking an experienced Integration Platform Architect. The successful candidate will be responsible for developing architectures and design of the integration solutions to address complex business issues, as well as providing technical leadership within the Engineering team. The ideal applicant will thrive in a highly collaborative workplace and actively engage in the development process. This is an excellent career opportunity for a professional with an impressive architectural design background and excellent interpersonal skills.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Lead the overall technical strategy, architecture and design for a robust and scalable data integration for connecting Blackline cloud accounting services to customers’ financial systems including ERP, banking, CRM and custom products
- Design and build infrastructure and platform components that support complex data pipelines processing data from multiple internal and external data sources.
- Develop architectural standards, blueprints, best practices, and guidelines for the Engineering and Cloud teams
- Lead Architecture Review Board (ARB) meetings for architecture, design and product reviews
- Provide technical leadership and mentorship to the engineering teams
- Lead and direct engineering teams towards optimal architectures on hybrid cloud environments
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to simplify and accelerate innovation
- Knowledge of architectural styles and design patterns
- 15+ years of technical leadership and architecture experience in software development with a variety of programming languages
- 6-8+ years’ experience designing and delivering large scale distributed systems (with at least 3-4 years on cloud services)
- Deep insight into Cloud – IAAS and PAAS (AWS, Azure, GCP, VMware)
- Ability to work with all levels within the organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good understanding of secure cloud design (across Infrastructure, Platform, Application and Data)
- Familiarity with major ERP systems like SAP, Oracle, Netsuite, Microsoft Dynamics, and Workday.
- Extensive experience in integration of heterogeneous systems
- Deep knowledge in microservices architecture, REST and other types of API, middleware, messaging, commercial and open-source integration solutions
- Extensive knowledge of the software development process and its technologies
Years of Experience in Related Field: 15+Education: BS degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline; MS preferred.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]