GTM Events Manager
Under general direction from the Senior Director, GTM Events, The GTM Event Manager will oversee and organize events that will make an impact to a target audience. The GTM Event Manager will ensure events are successful and cost-effective, paying attention to budget and time constraints. The GTM Event Manager will be responsible for successfully implementing virtual and live events that include, but not limited to: internal meetings, executive management at conferences, and prospect and client engagements.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Partner with internal stakeholders to understand the event's strategy, objectives, targets and success metrics
- Own the agenda, plan, contracts, and resources required to support live and virtual events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives
- Create and manage event timeline, including sourcing and reviewing venues, both domestic and international
- Develop planning document for each event - event specs, project timeline, production schedules, meeting agendas and notes, attendee and budget tracking, etc.
- Make suggestions to enhance the event’s success (i.e. virtual platform, location, speakers, etc.) in collaboration with supporting team members or vendors
- Prepare event budgets and manage each event in adherence to the budget
- Source and negotiate with vendors and suppliers
- Hire 3rd party personnel (DJs, musicians, talent, hosts, chefs, entertainers, etc..) and supervise their contracted responsibilities during the event
- Coordinate all operations related to the event including contract negotiations with vendors, talent, staff, etc.
- Lead promotional activities for the event, including partnering with internal and external resources for design, collateral, swag, and other promotional materials
- Order and coordinate distribution of swag; maintain inventory and adhere to timelines and budgets.
- Work with the creative team on executing the vision of the event.
- Track and submit weekly expense reports
- Conduct event walkthroughs to approve all aspects before the day of the event
- Resolve any challenges, issues, or problems that may impact a successful and smooth event
- Analyze the event’s success to incorporate into future events
- Perform other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field: At least 3 years of experience in event management, marketing, an/or public relations
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field or Associates degree and 3 years related work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Computer savvy; proficient in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Experience with Cvent, Wrike and other event related software
- Effective project management skills
- Knowledge of contracts
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to tailor communications to the appropriate audience
- Effective negotiation skills and abilities
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Customer-service orientation
- A team player with leadership skills
- Extremely organized, detail-oriented, self-starter, and able to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; the ability to graciously and efficiently communicate with C-Level executives.
- Proven capacity for exceptional hospitality to both internal and external stakeholders at all times.
- Willingness to travel (including potential evening, weekend and holiday work).
- Familiarity with virtual platforms; ON24, MeetingPlay, Intrado and the likes are a plus.
Position requires overnight travel, both domestic and international, between 25% to 50%
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]