SAP Strategic Alliances Director
The SAP Strategic Alliances Director is responsible for guiding BlackLine’s strategic partnership with SAP. Responsibilities include driving incremental revenue and Go-To-Market (GTM) planning. The regional strategy and GTM plan will reflect global priorities and initiatives and will be aligned with our regional teams. He/she will subsequently be responsible for executing against that plan. Key areas of responsibility include Alliance Strategy & Planning, Industry & Account Targeting, Program Management / Delivery, Executive Alignment, Stakeholder Management and Alliance Marketing.
- Deliver SAP revenue to achieve or exceed BlackLine’s SAP revenue goals in the region.
- Develop alliance strategy and GTM plan for SAP accounts in the region.
- Define mutually agreed outcomes/ metrics and obtain partner commitments in areas the region around business development, marketing, and sales.
- Confirm priority industry segments and target accounts with partner alliance leads, and work regional sales leadership and sales executives to execute partner sales engagement plans – driving increased pipeline and closed sales.
- Develop and execute well-defined, revenue-driving programs in cooperation with SAP’s and BlackLine’s regional sales leaders.
- Drive mutually agreed business plans that continue growth of each region’s BlackLine SAP business. Confirm target outcomes via key metrics (Net new customers, FY bookings, customer success stories, etc.).
- Align top SAP executives (sales leads, enterprise performance management team leads, industry leads, client teams, etc.) with their BlackLine counterparts.
- Actively promote SAP alliance value proposition within BlackLine, and the SAP’s organization. Function as a strong advocate for the alliance. Clarify & communicate highest impact metrics (growth, customer success, etc.).
- Maintain accurate pipeline & results dashboards that communicate to key stakeholders the effectiveness of the alliance program and investments.
- Orchestrate business performance reviews to assess operational metrics/effectiveness on a recurring (quarterly) basis with partner alliance leads, alliance team.
- Ensure effective and timely communications on relevant announcements, programs, and performance – with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Work collaboratively with BlackLine’s product management team to ensure that it is aligned with the priorities of BlackLine and SAP’s field sales organizations
- This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of duties or responsibilities; at times other duties may be assigned as needed.
- 10+ years experience in Partner / Alliance Management managing ISV partners including experience with a variety of partner types preferred (e.g. ISVs, Global SIs, boutiques and Regional SI’s).
- 5+ years experience in finance/accounting related business experience preferred
- Understanding of sales, marketing, lead generation processes and key performance indicators / value drivers for large ISV organizations.
- Practical experience in supporting the sale and marketing of solutions with ISV partner leads/P&L owners.
- Track record of delivering measurable results, regularly meeting or exceeding targets. Priority given to experience driving influenced revenue or channel sales via partnerships with ISVs.
- Strong executive presence & exceptional communication skills (verbal, written). Ability to rapidly engage a diverse audience of internal / external stakeholders and build consensus.
- Demonstrated ability to build, lead and execute strategy in a collaborative environment.
- Superior ability to build and maintain positive working relationships.
- Exceptional analytical, organizational, and project management skills. Ability to quickly analyze and apply relevant information to make timely and critical decisions that affect cross-functional teams to increase program ROI and effectiveness.
- Strong tolerance for ambiguity; ability to focus and execute in a rapidly changing environment, take charge and make things happen. Self-starter, with strong work ethic and personal drive and character qualities that match with company core values and inspires others to follow and act
- Willingness to travel on as-needed basis globally.
- Bachelor's degree
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]