Director, Global Benefits
The Director, Global Benefits is responsible for the development, implementation, and management of BlackLine’s benefit and wellness programs globally. Reporting to the VP, Global Total Rewards, the Director will provide leadership in scaling the health, wellness, and retirement benefits program as BlackLine scales and contribute to the overall strategic direction and alignment of all benefit programs with Company’s Total Rewards strategy.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage and lead the implementation, oversight and management of benefits and wellness programs, policies, plans and processes globally. Develop and implement best in class programs to support the constant changing needs of the organization and its employees, in alignment with BlackLine’s global total rewards philosophy.
- Develop tools and communication vehicles that increase employee engagement and understanding of global benefit programs and the value they deliver.
- Work closely with brokers globally to evaluate and benchmark BlackLine’s benefits programs based on global market trends and best practices.
- Provide thought leadership, expertise, and guidance in the development of innovative wellness programs.
- Oversee M&A due diligence, resource planning and integration activities for the benefits function.
- Ensure compliance with global and local requirements such as ACA, ERISA and HIPAA and other state and federal requirements as needed.
- Work closely with internal business partners and broker partners to track benefits spend and analyze trends for all lines of coverage, including self-funded plans.
- Actively drive & manage benefit annual renewals and enrollment process, involved in all phases of renewal discussions, benefits communication plan, conducting employee meetings, etc.
- Oversee US leave management- reporting, vendor management, policies and partnering closely with legal and People team.
- Ad hoc projects and duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 12 years of experience in benefits at a global scale
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and influencing skills
- Strong written and verbal communication with high attention to detail
- Desire to interact with individuals from other countries and cultures and provide excellent customer service
- Proven ability to work efficiently both independently and as a contributing member of the Human Resources global team and various other internal departments
- High levels of flexibility and time management. Ability and willingness to accommodate calls with different time zones
- Seasoned experience with data management and analysis.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]