Senior Network Engineer
We’re looking for a Network Engineer who will design and provide operational support for highly complex data center networks which include multiple data centers and cloud providers. In this role, the engineer will design and implement network solutions according to business requirements, interact with vendors, and collaborate with teams throughout the organization. The engineer will also perform network installation, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for a variety of networking devices. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Provide superb support with a customer first attitude.
- Implement local and global IP networks for LAN, WAN and Data Center environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of production network infrastructure and telecommunications services.
- Provide expertise, technical guidance and support to fellow production operations team members.
- Design, deploy and maintain network management, monitoring, caching and load balancing solutions.
- Collaborate with server engineering, application engineering, and information security to ensure seamless operation of network services and timely capacity and security upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and sensible infrastructure performance metrics.
- Interact with vendors and service providers; evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 8+ years
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Progressive experience in building and maintaining networks, including hands-on experience with high-availability, high-performance redundant infrastructures.
- Experience with cloud networking is preferred (AWS, GCP and/or Azure)
- Experience with firewall configuration and management (Palo Alto Network, Cisco ASA and Panorama)
- Advanced knowledge of Threat Protection, URL Filtering, SSL decryption, IPsec VPN Tunnels, NAT and PBF/PBR
- Proven experience in Data Center Routing and Switching (Cisco Nexus, VPC, VRF)
- LAN/WAN routing and Layer 2 & 3 switching (OSPF, BGP, STP, VLAN).
- Experience deploying load balancing technologies from scratch, virtual and physical (F5 preferred).
- Run and support of load balancing technologies. Including creating VIPs, iRules and troubleshooting failures.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and adhere to change management principles.
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware, software, OSI Layer1-7 protocols and services, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, IPSec, QoS, and SSL
- History of success working with data center, circuit and telco providers
- Experience with network and application monitoring tools (SolarWinds, AppDynamics, New Relic)
- Good working knowledge of network security tools and technologies (firewalls, access control, encryption, multifactor authentication and IDS/IPS).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, packet capture, protocol analysis and performance diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, Operating Systems, Active Directory, databases and scripting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Certified in one or more of the following CCNP and/or JNCIP
- ITIL Foundations
- Experience with one or more programming/scripting languages
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]