The Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect will support the growth of BlackLine’s Salesforce ecosystem and related strategic initiatives for BlackLine. The Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect will be responsible for all types of Salesforce development and customization. This includes coding, unit testing, building applications, and modifying existing applications. This position will work alongside Salesforce Administrators and other business analysts in the Enterprise Applications team. This role must have a strong understanding of operations and development processes as well as experience with project management, data management, and administering training. BlackLine is currently on Salesforce Classic. Lightning migration is in the project pipeline.
The Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect will manage a small but growing team that will be responsible for new development of Salesforce and related platforms. This role will also be responsible for roadmaps and architecture for the Front Office application landscape and working with Program Delivery to build relationships with GTM leadership to become a partner and trusted advisor. BlackLine is heavily invested in Salesforce and leverages Sales Cloud & Service Cloud to manage the majority of the customer lifecycle from pre-sales to account management and support. BlackLine will also be implementing Salesforce Billing, Salesforce CPQ and Conga in the coming months and this this role will be responsible for follow on phases of development that will further leverage the capabilities of the end-to-end quote-to-cash system. The Senior Salesforce Developer/Architect should have architect-level experience with a development backbone and have experience with the broader landscape of applications related to the platform.
The ideal candidate has experience at the Manager level overseeing a sizeable SFDC userbase (500+) at a b2b technology company or consulting experience managing large scale implementations. In addition to core Salesforce offerings BlackLine also leverages solutions integrated into salesforce from Gainsight, Conga, FinancialForce, Apttus, and other related managed packages.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Design and implement updates to Salesforce or its 3rd party application solutions using best practices through standard configuration.
- Develop clear end-user and stakeholder business requirements and specifications. Translate business requirements into well-architected solutions that best leverage the Salesforce platform and products.
- Provide detailed level of effort estimates for proposed solutions. Articulate the benefits and risks to a solution’s feasibility and functionality.
- Develop, test, and document working custom development, integrations, and data migration elements of a Salesforce implementation.
- Follow and understand Salesforce product and technical capabilities resulting from product releases and acquisitions
- Mentor staff to support knowledge sharing and professional growth.
- Influence change and drive user adoption in support of an expanding Salesforce environment.
- Planning and analysis of user requirements to design, configure and administer SFDC including but not limited to APEX code and supporting test classes, Visualforce pages, custom objects/fields, validation rules, process builder, page layout, permissions and complex workflow rules.
- Full cycle development, including training & documentation using industry best practices within Salesforce.
- Document and maintain processes, policies, application configuration and help related materials for users.
- Provide recommendations for process and application improvements.
- Keep up-to-date on new Salesforce and 3rd party application products, features and functionality to recommend and apply improvements to internal business challenges.
- Initiate, plan and execute projects and other assigned tasks as delegated.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 8
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related fields.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 8+ years intense Salesforce experience in Salesforce.com administration, analysis and development.
- Working experience of SFDC lightning migration, Salesforce CPQ & Billing, Conga Contracts and Einstein Analytics.
- Proficient in writing and developing Lightning web components, VisualForce, Apex Classes, Integrations, APIs, custom controllers, Force.com APIs, sites and triggers
- Proven background launching significant system enhancements and release cycles
- Experience managing metadata as code, including Salesforce DX,Git and unmanaged packages
- Ability to turn architecture into visual diagrams.
- Experience in software or SaaS industry is a plus.
- Demonstrated advanced salesforce.com administration/configuration, development and reporting analytics.
- Experience with 3rd party integrations and Appexchange packages including but not limited to Marketo, DocuSign, GainSight, Apttus, Conga and FinancialForce.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to perform in a fast-paced, fast-changing work environment.
- Ability to work cross-functionally and learn quickly.
- Experience running projects from initiation to completion with minimal oversight.
- A process before tools approach to problem solving.
- Customer services oriented.
- A positive attitude and enthusiasm to get things done. Creative approach to problem solving.
- Ability to assist in creation of functional and prepare technical specifications.
- Must embrace in learning, sharing knowledge and working with changing technology.
- A team player who can collaborate with our internal team and other cross functional teams.
- The ability to solve highly complex business problems across platforms utilizing salesforce and other business applications.
- Excellent analytical, technology, communication and problem-solving skills.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]