Database Engineer - Integration
As a Database Engineer at BlackLine, you will play a vital role in the performance, delivery, stability, and security of the databases we use, while continually driving forward improvements and optimizations at the database layer. As a member of the database team, you will be involved in the planning, development, and maintenance of the database, including troubleshooting issues, collaborating with other teams to define and build new features, optimize existing features, and collaborate in order to drive growth, improve controls and processes, and reduce overhead and complexity. In this role, we are looking for people who are team players, passionate about their areas of expertise, and constantly striving to learn and improve, not just in the sense of their own skills, but also in growing with peers whom they work with day-to-day. If you are someone who strives for excellence in all that they do, including helping those in your team, and someone who wants to ultimately deliver the best value and success you can, then we want to talk to you.
- Participate in cross-functional teams and build relationships across the organization.
- Build high-performance, massively scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Maintain standard policies for database development activities.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve all database issues related to performance, capacity and access.
- Analyze issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Database Engineer will ensure that all deadlines are met and that quality is of the highest level throughout the Software Development Life Cycle.
- BS or MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server (2008, 2012, 2014, 2017, 2019), MySQL or Oracle PL/SQL
- 1+ years working in high-transaction environments is required
- Advanced working knowledge of different index types and how they are used: columnstore, full-text, filtered, indexes with include columns
- Advanced Execution Plan understanding
- SSIS/SSRS experience is a strong plus
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques, including complex queries as well as procedure and indexing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team-player with a focus on results and value delivery
- Able to organize and plan work independently
- Lead various technology POCs
- Advance understanding of OLTP vs OLAP environments
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- NoSQL is a plus
- Azure, GCP or AWS are a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications are a plus
- PowerShell experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of XML and BAT files is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]