Customer Renewals Manager
The Customer Renewals Manager (CRM) is responsible for implementing and managing contract renewal initiatives. This role maintains contract revenue base at highest possible retention rate and protects contract revenue stream. The CRM’s responsibility is to develop and drive the renewal process by reaching out to our customers in advance of their contract end date, negotiating with the customers and executing all phases of the subscription renewal lifecycle. The CRM will develop and retain existing customer relationships, working with the Customer Success Manager and the Account Manager, ensuring strategic renewal plans are in place. Grow both penetration and profitability within these clients to ensure targets are met and or exceeded. The CRM will own, drive, and lead the renewals process in collaboration with the CSM and account team to preserve and improve customer contracts and relationships. Partner with the CSM team to continually communicate BlackLine value to customers through the entire client lifecycle, including their renewal process.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Partner with the Account Management team to ensure collaboration and communication as to the status and sentiment of the client.
- Negotiate and execute renewal contracts (in partnership with legal) that align to customer goals.
- Enlist the efforts of sales reps, customer success managers, and senior management when necessary to accelerate the contract renewal process and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop and execute win/win negotiation strategies for small, medium and large account contract renewals that improve contract value while protecting and improving customer trust.
- Communicate risk clearly and take the lead in developing resolution strategies, escalating wherever appropriate.
- Actively engage with key decision makers to identify customer requirements and uncover roadblocks to ensure on-time renewals.
- Maintain visibility and accuracy of risk from churn and attrition, working with BlackLine CT Ops to update a rolling 90-day forecast of renewals.
- Discover and identify upsell/cross-sell opportunities upon contract renewal to maximize customer growth.
- Improve account growth opportunities by playing an active role on and helping to identify incremental opportunities upon contract renewal.
- Collaborate with internal resources (Competitive Intelligence, Pricing, Product Mgmt, Customer Success, Account Executives, etc.) to develop comprehensive 'win' strategies for renewals.
- Identify customer requirements, uncover roadblocks, and demonstrate strong account management and commercial capabilities to drive renewal to on-time closure.
- Provide executive management with complete visibility to renewals and solicit executive involvement as required.
- Analyze, review and price support renewals on a monthly basis.
- Ensure timely contract renewal and promote awareness of upgrade and add-on opportunities to customers.
- Ensure executed agreements are received and processed according to company policy.
- Manage customer data in Salesforce and Gainsight
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5 years
- 2+ years of Quota Carrying experience (e.g., Renewals, Enterprise Sales, Account Management), preferably in a SaaS organization
- Shown discovery, negotiation and closing skills
- Capability of interacting comfortably with C-Level Executives
- Experience working with Fortune 100 clients is a plus
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to identify and influence stakeholders from various roles, levels and profiles to drive collaboration and program excellence
- Approaches work with a creative, problem-solving mindset
- Self-motivated, proactive, energetic team player
- Excellent time and process management skills, ensuring nothing slips through the cracks
- Bachelor’s degree in appropriate field
- 5+ years professional experience
- Experience with Salesforce.com and Gainsight
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]