Senior Project Manager
We’re looking for a Senior Project Manager for BlackLine’s Corporate IT organization. This role requires an individual with a strong project management background, someone who has the ability to easily navigate within ambiguous situations and lead with senior executives. The scope of this area includes Program/Project Management, Planning, Metrics/Reporting.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Lead and drive all program activities, manage risk mitigation and communicate status to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders.
- Drive continuous improvement of the processes across the enterprise that will result in measurable quality, predictability and efficiency improvements.
- Provide input into planning and managing resources to develop achievable quarterly project plans.
- Lead teams to identify and establish metrics and tools to achieve predictability and high-quality work.
- Create and execute project plans, schedules and milestones.
- Leverage Agile, Kanban and Waterfall frameworks as appropriate to deliver projects/initiatives with the highest level of team and stakeholder satisfaction.
- Manage day-to-day operational aspects of multiple assigned projects including business, operational and internal projects.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans and reports including weekly reports, quarterly progress reports and weekly updates.
- Monitor project progress and manage any issues as they arise.
- Act as the point of contact and communicate project status to all participants.
- Deliver effective internal and external communication, ensure transparency, and disseminate information appropriately.
- Ensure projects are delivered successfully, on time and within budget.
- Exercise change management best practices to help organizations manage change.
- Task team members and hold them accountable for proper progress.
- Lead special high-profile projects as needed.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+
Education: Undergraduate degree, in a quantitative discipline
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- PMP, Scrum or Agile coach certification is highly desired for this role.
- 5+ year experience as a Project Manager in a similar role
- Experience in project coordination and management, from conception to delivery
- An ability to prepare and interpret flowcharts, schedules and step-by-step action plans
- Solid organizational skills, including multitasking and time-management
- Strong client-facing and teamwork skills
- Experience with risk management and quality assurance control
- Strong working knowledge of Jira
- Experience with IT Infrastructure, Employee Technology and Enterprise Applications projects is desirable
- PMP certification
- Office working conditions
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]