Senior DevOps Engineer (Developer Productivity Engineering)
The Senior DevOps Engineer – DPE (Developer Productivity Engineering) will work as part of a highly collaborative team with a focus on advancing the enablement of BlackLine engineers. This role will innovate in developing platforms and solutions with an emphasis on improving the overall end-user experience and usability of our products. Knowledge of the entire software stack, experience in operations, and infrastructure savvy are musts for this engineer to help build useful, holistically minded solutions.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Ideate and execute on Quality-of-Life improvements across the entire software stack (Front-End, Middleware, Backend) by a variety of teams and disciplines
- Build containerized serverless applications with microservices that will be consumed by other teams with Kubernetes as a target infrastructure.
- Create and enhance tooling related to automated software builds and deployment (CI/CD) processes using Jenkins Pipelines.
- Demonstrate your adaptable skills in working with polyglot of software frameworks (including .NET, Java, Python, React etc).
- Automate infrastructure provisioning and manage configuration for software applications using Terraform and Chef via Ruby.
- Collaborate with development and other technology teams on requirements, definition, capacity planning and process refinement.
- Generate documentation for both existing and new processes with focus on maintainability.
- Contribute knowledge, skills, and personal qualities to a dedicated team of top engineers solving real-life problems in a bleeding-edge, high performance, and high traffic environment.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 3-5 years
Education: BS or MS Computer Science or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Practical experience architecting and designing holistic application systems with strong focus on process optimization.
- Experience with common build, packages, and release tools such as MSBuild, NUGet, Maven or Pip.
- Expertise with deigning and interacting with RESTful APIs, or equivalent experience with Protocol Buffers (protobuf or GraphQL).
- Experience automation the provision of servers, applications and/or infrastructure in a product environment at scale.
- Hands-on experience with Distributed Version Control via Git.
- Ability to execute and advise on software development best practices and SDLC.
- Experience deploying high availability systems and software.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of Windows Server and Linux.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of production web servers, such as IIS or Nginx.
- Intermediate-level knowledge of SQL and NoSQL.
- Experience with configuration management tools, such as Chef, Ansible, or Puppet.
- 3-5 years of experience as a Software Engineer, or equivalent experience.
- 2-3 years of experience in an Operations role, such as DevOps, SRE or Cloud Engineering, as part of your Software Engineer role.
- Able to work in a remote / distributed environment
- Participate in on-call rotation
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]