The SEO Strategist is responsible for ensuring the highest level of visibility of BlackLine’s online presence across search engines, such as Google, Bing, and YouTube, as well as maximizing inbound organic traffic to blackline.com. This person will oversee our organic KW strategy, deliver technical audits, applies SEO to copywriting, and serves as a liaison between Web and Content Marketing teams.
The SEO Strategist has a deep understanding of search algorithms and behaviors, follows the latest in search algorithm updates, and can develop search optimization strategies to ensure organic traffic growth. This role stage also collaborates with our Global marketing teams to ensure optimization across language/country specific sites as well Social Media, Paid Acquisition, and PR teams for an integrated SEO strategy.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Measure and report on keyword rankings, content success, organic traffic growth and quality
- Perform keyword and backlink analysis
- Deliver technical site audits and content recommendations
- Perform competitor analysis for keyword and backlink opportunities
- Align with Content creation teams to ensure an SEO first approach to content produced for the Web
- Establish processes for gating/un-gating content and identify gated assets that should be converted to Web
- Develop and implement content / link building strategy
- Research content gaps and create content briefs to support Content Marketing team
- Stay up-to-date with white hat optimization strategies, search engine algorithm changes and trends, as well as black hat optimization strategies to avoid
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4 years of experience, ideally with B2B SaaS
Education: Bachelors Degree preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 4+ years of SEO experience in B2B, preferably SaaS
- Strong data analytics skills with the ability to pull & transform data sets from multiple sources and deliver reports in Excel and BI tools
- Proficiency with Google Analytics, Google Search Console, SEO tools like Screaming Frog, Ahrefs, SEMRush, Conductor, Brightedge or others
- Competency with HTML, Schema markup, and structured data in order to be able to deliver technical audits and recommendations for our Web Developers
- Experience managing global/international SEO
- Strong analytical and organizational skills with ability to translate analysis into insights, action plans, and managerial level reports
- Is able to work early morning or evening hours to support global teams in EMEA and APAC regions
- Comfortable multi-tasking, has a can-do attitude, and an ability to work both independently and collaboratively on team based projects
- Working knowledge of SFDC lead flow
- Experience with B2B Attribution reporting tools like Bizible, Dreamdata, or Infinigrow
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]