Deal Desk Manager
The Deal Desk Manager will partner with our Global Sales Organization to provide direct support and guidance in all commercial aspects of deals with existing and prospective customers. These tasks include but are not limited to; assist with standardized terms of deal while enforcing contracting standards, navigate non-standard and sometimes complex deal structures, work cross-functionally with Accounting, Legal, and Sales Leadership.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
• Serve as the point of contact and subject matter expert on requests to add specific terms to customer order forms and commercial quotes (direct and channel sales) in accordance with BlackLine’s sales operations standards,
• Enforce BlackLine’s approval matrix and policies, troubleshoot deal issues and escalate them to management as appropriate.
• Partner with cross-functional teams including Finance and Legal to identify, review and address revenue recognition matters for non-standard deal structures.
• Educate and assist BlackLine’s sales team to ensure adherence to BlackLine’s quote-to-contract processes and policies.
• Escalate requests that fall outside of Blackline’s standard approval matrix protocols.
• Craft and coordinate approvals for additional commercial terms between our Sales, Legal, and Finance teams.
• Develop an in-depth understanding of BlackLine’s subscription business model, services and product offerings and recommended appropriate contract structures.
• Train and advise Sales and any other stakeholders on pricing, quoting, on-boarding process and best practices.
Years of Experience in Related Field: • 5+ years of experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Sales Operations or Order Administration
Education: Bachelors Degree
· 5+ years of experience in a Deal Desk function with a global sales team
· Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience required
· Experience driving non-standard contracts to closure
· Solid understanding and experience with CPQ (configure, price, quote) tools and quote to cash process knowledge
· Proven ability to own and run complex deals end-to-end
· Self-motivated, critical thinker with prior experience in a SaaS environment
· Positive team player and effective communicator with all levels of management and cross-functional organizations.
· Flexible and supportive in a fast-moving and changing environment.
· Collaborative participation in identifying and suggesting possible resolutions in system gaps and processes to better streamline efficient workflow.
Work is primarily sedentary in nature, no special demands are required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]