Director, Business Transformation
The Director, Business Transformation leads a dedicated team focused on business and process transformation, continuous improvement, project management, and business analysis. This role will provide strategic thought leadership, drive prioritization and lead resource discussions across different groups. The Director, Business Transformation will be responsible for leading, managing, and supporting large, complex business transformation initiatives that are highly visible and critical to the business.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Focus on transformational initiatives that will enable departmental functions to improve both efficiency and control through process optimization
- Lead or serve as a participant in groups responsible for executing on specific transformation project initiatives and goals
- Create and maintain the prioritization of projects based on specific criteria and roadmap
- Assemble and deliver ongoing communication to key stakeholders at all levels around the business transformation progress
- Assess the existing processes and ensure process definition, process map creation, and key metrics for each process
- Improve the business processes and operations by evaluating processes and recommending improvements
- Collaborate to ensure project management for key defined initiatives within each team with a clear project plan with deliverables and dependencies defined
- Prepare and deliver reports which address the current status of the projects within accounting with clear accountability of follow-ups and escalations
- Assist with any future acquisitions within BlackLine by providing project management, departmental coordination, and escalation of issues
- Lead the Business Transformation team to establish goals and objectives and to ensure clear assignment of responsibilities.
- Develop a culture of agility, innovation, and continuous learning to achieve deliverables aligned to business outcomes
- Balance multiple priorities simultaneously and adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines
- Implement tableau as a reporting solution to include management dashboards, metrics process improvements and enable complex problem solving
Years of Experience in Related Field:
10+ years’ experience in business roadmap creation and process transformation and process improvement
10+ years’ experience in project management and implementation, program management, change management, and business systems experience
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with business process management to include process definition and end to end process mapping
- Strong knowledge of Tableau and reporting automation experience
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required; must be comfortable connecting and communicating with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Demonstrated team leadership skills with the ability to motivate, develop and stretch tea embers for exceptional performance and contribution
- Ability to work with new and changing situations
- Strong knowledge of Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, including the ability to assess, develop and implement internal controls related to systems.
- Strong listening and comprehension skills, as well as the ability to develop and clearly articulate a perspective.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint
- Highly developed sense of accountability and follow-through with an ability to effectively prioritize multiple tasks, projects, and goals.
- Strong relationship management, collaboration and influencing skills
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills needed to delivery timely on requested projects.
- Good understanding of general accounting concepts, processes, and terminology.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]