Information Security Architect
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
Reporting to the Senior Director of Information Security, the Information Security Architect will play a lead role in driving security strategy and developing best-in-class security architecture and security posture for BlackLine. In this role, you will architect and deliver security systems, create roadmaps, and plan the evolution of Enterprise Information Security components. You will additionally consult with teams conducting design and delivery of technology products, ensuring their architecture implements security best practices at the earliest possible point in the lifecycle. You will act as a knowledge resource for both the Information Security department and the overall technology organization. This role will partner closely with the Principal Architect, BlackLine, to ensure that security technology meets the overall Architecture strategy for the company. This role will act as a thought leader, influencing vertically and horizontally to fully internalize the principles of security by design.
- Ensure the adoption and development of robust, enterprise-wide, Cloud Security technologies at BlackLine
- Develop KPIs and metrics for cloud-based tools including logging/monitoring, software-driven infrastructure, data flow analysis, network, and endpoint monitoring, elastic compute, and big data
- Increase the use of technologies managing identity and access
- Drive data security at all levels, implementing a top-down approach in conjunction with the architecture and technology teams
- Enhance existing and develop new security systems for cross-functional engineering organizations such as database, containers (CI/CD), infrastructure and network, and BlackLine’s Security Operations Center
- Unify and integrate disparate security technologies across BlackLine’s footprint, ensuring there is both resilience and coverage at scale
What You’ll Bring:
- 12+ years of work experience in a related field
- BS or higher in Computer Science or related field
- Experience migrating from traditional data center infrastructure and application designs to hybrid or fully-cloud enabled infrastructure
- 5+ years experience working in increasingly responsible roles in security architecture and engineering programs focused on cloud security controls for IaaS/SaaS/PaaS implementations, and 10+ years working with architecture and engineering related to network, infrastructure, and database systems
- 5+ years of experience or more with CASB products
- Extensive background and knowledge of SaaS applications, Proxy/API architecture, Cloud security, Identity Access Management, Data Compliance Management, SSO, and Shadow IT
- Advanced networking knowledge with TCP/IP, firewalls, and routers among others
- Architecture certification (Google, Amazon, Azure) from a major cloud platform
- Cloud certification (CSTAR)
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Masters degree in Information Assurance, Network Topology, Database Architecture or related field
- GCIH or other recognized best-of-breed security certification preferred
- Previous experience in similar growth SaaS organization preferred
Why do you want this job?
- You will have an opportunity to leave a long-lasting imprint on the evolution of BlackLine’s overall Security posture and architecture
- You will design, build and oversee the implementation of complex security structures for BlackLine
- This is an opportunity to work with a talented and dedicated team of engineers
- Up to 25% of travel
- Working with a collaborative team. Office presence is preferred at least 3 days per week after conditions permit, remote eligible position
- This is a senior position on a Security Architecture & Engineering team, one of 3 teams dedicated to security at the BlackLine company.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thoughts and perspectives.
- A company that believes in providing the best possible service to its clients and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]