Regional Sales Director, Mid-Market
The Regional Sales Director is responsible for managing a team of multiple Account Directors. The team focuses on selling BlackLine's products across EMEA to Controllers and CFOs of corporates with annual revenue below $500 million.
- Hire, coach, mentor, guide and develop the performance of a team of sales executives.
- Understand, enable, and reinforce BlackLine value based selling methodology focused on customer satisfaction and adoption.
- Ensure sales team has scheduled and completed weekly activities which include cold calling, phone prospecting, face-to-face meetings, and documenting activities in Salesforce.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets on a consistent basis and ensure proper value selling approaches are used.
- Manage a territory pipeline to ensure quotas are achieved and that key targets are identified and pursued.
- Develop the territory and increase market share by establishing effective sales strategies and methods that result in new account business generation.
- Update sales business plans monthly to optimize sales results.
- Work closely with supporting departments and staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, demos, legal contracts, and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction.
- Modify tactical field execution strategies to blunt the competition’s sales effectiveness, when appropriate
- Drive Customer Retention strategy to deliver customer delight
- Provide mentorship and leadership opportunities to further plan for BlackLine’s expansion
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4 years’ sales experience; 2+ years’ management
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Capability to interact at C-Level and Align with C-Level Decision Makers to drive relationships and support business goals and customer goals
- Great communication and problem-solving skills
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment with a focus on attention to detail
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing a territory is required.
- Ability to be a knowledgeable adviser to clients and prospects with a well-developed consultative selling style.
- Proven history of meeting quota consistently along with a strong background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance Departments preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Fluent in English
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of the time.
- All sales professionals are required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Influencing and change management skills
- Excellent presentation, lead qualification and client relationship skills
- Previous experience in managing a successful sales team is highly preferred.
- Prior accounting software or SaaS sales experience highly preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]