Data Engineering Intern
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Our interns learn by doing. By helping us carry out our mission and vision, you will have an opportunity to make a real impact, develop personally and professionally, and learn from people who are experts in their field.
- Responsible for building and maintaining config driven data pipelines in GCP (Spark Framework)
- Build, integrate and deploy data processing solutions into the BlackLine application in collaboration with product management, cloud, engineering and data platform teams.
- Create and maintain REST API end points in GCP
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement processes automation and data delivery.
- Build infrastructure for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources.
- Execute extract, transform and load (ETL) operations on large datasets including data identification, mapping, aggregation, conditioning, cleansing, and analyzing.
BlackLine interns participate in multiple networking opportunities such as executive fireside chats, career track seminars and BlackLine intern alumni panels. We offer trainings on communication and professionalism, as well as mock interviews and resume review with our talent acquisition team.
Apply today and learn more about these opportunities. We look forward to hearing our candidate’s stories, passions and goals.
You must be currently enrolled as an undergraduate in Spring 2021
- Data Structures
- SQL, Python and Spark
- Practical experience with GIT version control.
- Strong familiarity with GCP, SQL Server.
- Comfortable working with open source tools in Unix/Linux environments.
- Data warehousing experience, data modeling and database design.
- Works independently without the need for supervision.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]