Senior Implementation Consultant
The Senior Implementation Consultant is responsible for implementing the company's accounting software products with new and/or existing mid-market and enterprise clients. Using their extensive knowledge of the BlackLine application, they are able to advise customers on best practices and work with customers through complex requirements to configure the suite of products to perform as needed. This role is also responsible for consulting with the client regarding best practices and client business needs in order to best configure the software and provide exceptional customer service.
- Manages a diverse portfolio and delivers mid-market to large-scale implementation projects, spanning multiple sectors.
- Drives and manages all implementation milestones to completion within budget, scope, schedule, and customer satisfaction.
- Creates and maintains thorough documentation throughout the implementation to include billable hours, Salesforce notes/documentation, expense management, etc.
- Utilizes business acumen, Accounting/Finance Industry knowledge, and product knowledge to serve as a trusted advisor and become an application expert to address client use cases and business challenges.
- Builds strong and positive relationships with client contacts, including executive sponsors and management for the duration of the project and post-delivery transition.
- Drives analysis and provides client recommendations at both strategic and operational levels, based on project objectives
- Elicits, documents, interprets and translates client business requirements or high-level requirements to be used for application configuration and testing solutions during implementations.
- Responds to client communications and proactively researches, resolves issues, and provides best practices with a high sense of urgency and customer service.
- Manages project deliverables from beginning to end and defines and confirms scope, ensuring that all specifications are clearly defined to satisfy expectations.
- Establishes a strategy of continuous risk management that enables proactive decisions and actions throughout the project life cycle including budgetary, timeline and performance considerations.
- Leads, mentors, trains and coaches less tenured implementation consultants to complete project outputs.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in Consulting Services, Client Services and/or Professional Services environment
- Proven experience to balance multiple projects at any given time and stay on top of all details
- Demonstrated experience communicating and presenting to a diverse set of people across groups and organizational levels
- Expertise with installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and support of software application
- Experience in a high-revenue producing environment (eg billing of time and materials)
- Demonstrated and proven experience documenting Business Requirements for software development and technical specifications
- Previous Business Analysis experience
- Knowledge/experience in Accounting, Audits, Financial Services, Software Technology, SaaS industry and/or related experience
- Knowledge of MS Office, MS Project, Salesforce/CRM, Accounting Software
- Knowledge of accounting terminology and processes (e.g. month-end close process)
- Excellent communication skills, strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Effective negotiation/conflict resolution skills
- Effective problem-solving and critical thinking skills
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Strong client relationship skills
- Ability to deliver world-class service and high-impact results
- Ability to foster a sense of inclusiveness
- Ability to manage self and others under pressure and time-sensitive deadlines
- Ability to navigate ambiguous or difficult situations or personalities
- Ability to facilitate and harness cross-team collaboration working with teams in-person and virtually
- Three plus years of experience in the audit/accounting industry preferred
- Two years of experience with BlackLine Products preferred
- Experience with large scale ERP systems including SAP and Oracle preferred
- Accounting degree/CPA preferred
- PMP Certification
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]