Senior Performance Test Engineer
- Responsible for the Identification of scope, design the performance test strategy, test planning, test development and execution
- Work alongside the IT & Non-IT Domain teams like DevOps, Engineering, DBA and Product in defining/validating the non-functional requirements (SLOs - Service Level Objectives, SLIs - Service Level Indicators, and CUJ’s (Critical User Journey’s))
- Manages and coordinates the test execution across Technology, including the risks and issues related to Performance test delivery
- Closely collaborates with Infrastructure and DBAs for real time performance monitoring. Performs database load testing for performance, reliability, and scalability using varying user load and able to identify opportunities to improve the database performance
- Integrates the performance tests with the deployment pipeline to continuously evaluate the system performance (Continuous Integration)
- Communicates the performance trends to the senior management at a regular interval and/or a need basis through dashboards
- Leads the analysis of the current technology environment and production defects to detect critical deficiencies and recommend solutions for performance improvements
- Shares performance perspectives particularly for new or shared infrastructure and architecture solutions. Be a consulting point for application or infrastructure development projects on performance and non-functional requirements
- Understands technology trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies to enable improvements and innovations on the company's technology platform overall's technical performance.
- Works in an onsite/offshore environment and may lead people
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or other related field.
- 6 years of demonstrable relevant IT work experience including application development / engineering, administration and support, and technical performance testing and management
- Experience designing and executing performance testing for B2B Payments processing platform (Web, APIs, Microservices & Database) is required
- Hands-on experience with tools like AppDynamics, Data Dog for real time database monitoring
- Strong experience in performance testing the MS SQL and Oracle databases
- Proven background in performance and Non-functional requirements testing from strategy to execution
- Experience of delivering performance tests for Monolith applications to Microservices. Experience working in cloud environments is highly valued.
- Hands-on experience working under agile methodologies and DevOps environments. Proficient working with DevOps tool chains (ADO - AzureDevOps) and CI/CD software delivery models, particularly with Performance tools such as Gatling, jMeter, Locust
- Demonstrate your prior experiences in bringing new tools or created your own tool to solve complex problems
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related discipline or equivalent experience (10 years).
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in enterprise-grade production environment.
- Previous experience with a variety of performance testing tools and technologies.
Equal Employment Opportunity
BlackLine believes that our diversity is one of our greatest strengths, and we do not tolerate discrimination. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals, as well as administer any and all personnel actions, without regard to sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), race, natural hair, religion (including religious dress and grooming practices), color, gender (including gender identity and gender expression), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver's license issued under Vehicle Code section 12801.9), ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, including HIV and AIDS, genetic information, marital status, registered domestic partner status, age, sexual orientation, military and veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law or ordinance or regulation.
We’re proud to continue to stand by this policy and will grow our company with attention to this instrumental belief in our hiring and promotion practices.
We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will reasonably accommodate applicants’ needs in accordance with applicable law throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please contact us by sending an email to [email protected]